TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Substance Use Whether you are combating substance abuse, are in search support, or have questions about drugs or alcohol, ask in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
DomoKay Offline
Fire behind her eyes
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Kelsey

Thinking about it.. - May 22nd 2009, 07:34 PM

So, I've been thinking about trying something. Like, I just think that if someone asked me if I wanted to smoke or drink, I would do it.. Even with everyone saying "Don't do drugs!" "It's bad for you!" and "Just say no!" it just makes me want to try even more.. I guess I'm just curious. But I also want to try it to get an escape from life.

Bleh... What should I do?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
soul Offline
Any fool can criticize
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Mimi

Re: Thinking about it.. - May 23rd 2009, 05:47 AM

Hey,

Did you ever stop to think there might be a reason behind why people are telling you those things? They are trying to save you from the heartache and misery that accompany drug use. Drugs are simply not worth it. Abusing drugs doesn't do anyone any good. When you use drugs as an escape things are especially bad. You forget how to cope with stress without them and you become dependent on them fast. Using drugs will not solve your problems. In reality, drugs really only create bigger problems. You could end up in jail, you could end up dead, you could become addicted, you could create all sorts of health problems for yourself, and without a doubt you could ruin your life. Do you really want to put your future in jeopardy like this? Do you think drugs will help you accomplish your dreams or keep you from achieving them? Take some time to think about what you are doing. There is no rush and you need to make sure it is something you really want. If you have any questions feel free to PM me. I am a perfect example why you should never use drugs. I've been arrested. I've ended up in the ER because of an overdose. I lost someone I loved to an overdose. I've had friends abandon me because my drug abuse was just to much for them. I've lied and stolen just to get a fix. Addiction is a waste of a life and no one is immune to addiction. I hope you are smarter than me and keep drugs out of your life. I would give anything to go back and just say no. Please make the right choice and stay drug free. I promise you in the end you will be a million times better off without drugs. Take care and make good choices.

Lots of love <3 Mimi

As long as we can dream, there will be unicorns.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
peaceSRC Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Thinking about it.. - May 24th 2009, 06:25 PM

Uggg. FIRST lesson on drugs and alcohol: It does not cure your problems and it most certainly does not help you "escape". It makes everything much worse in the end. Don't ever think to do drugs when you're having problems because you'll just keep getting attached and keep running back to harmful substances and have an even bigger issue on your hands. It's not worth it. You need to do immense unbiased research on drugs and alcohol and then re evaluate yourself and this situation because that's one of the biggest mistakes people make when trying drugs is that they don't know what they're doing or what it'll do to them. If you were one of those people who could be fine doing drugs/alcohol in moderation without letting it get out of hand, there's not much I could do to help, but you don't seem that way at all. Find other hobbies out there that keep your mind away from your problems. Turning to substance abuse is not a way out. If it were, we wouldn't have so many drug addicts today who need help.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Lost in Thought Offline
Condemned
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Justin

Re: Thinking about it.. - May 27th 2009, 04:33 PM

I understand your curiosity, I really do. It has led me to try many things that I now realize left me with no benefit. Do you know how many times I have heard people say "I wish I never even tried it", a lot. Now that I have tried many different things, I can honestly tell you that it has now made my life worse. It's not something that you can talk about all the time, most people look down on you when they hear about it. I don't think my mind will ever be back to the way it was before I started using drugs.

Just don't even try it, there is no benefit of knowing what its like, nothing at all. If you think that you will not be able to 'say no', which is stupid, then give a reason not to. Just saying no would make someone persistent because you are against even trying it. Just say that you can't because you have to get up early, will be seeing your parents, and worst case I guess would be flat out telling them no. Just don't even start. In this case, ignorance is bliss.

Closed Thread