TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Substance Use Whether you are combating substance abuse, are in search support, or have questions about drugs or alcohol, ask in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
icryrainbows Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Jasmine

addicted to trying to get high - May 26th 2009, 04:33 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of substance use, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

i know im better than this...or at least i thought i was.
a year ago,i woulf flinch away from even the tiniest whiff of the smell of cigarettes,and used to lecture people about the harmful effects from alcohol and drugs.
now,i seem the complete opposite.
drinking whenever i get a chance,to numb the pain inside,and trying miduagh(for those of you who dont know,its some type of arabic tobbaco that gets you high)and going as far as nutmeg,and now,a new substance,found to decieve the school.
i call it the crappy stuff that tastes like shit, while everyone else calls it kimichimi (not its real name).
itsbasically a mixture of tobbaco and other substances put into a pouch,and then placed in your mouth,like infront of your teeth,
you start feeling dizzy,and get really high.
im addicted to it now, and im scared that if someone offers me drugs,i will take it,as i know alot of people to get it from.\
ive even started using cough medicine,and pills.
im ruining my life,not only by using substances,but also by the many ways to get it.
my mate,lets call him-s, he told me he'll get me a whole box,if only he and i do stuff,of which i dont want to say,and shamefully,i have been considering it,and probably would have,if my other mate-a, gave it to me for free.
now,ive been considering weed,and pot.
i need help.i know that,but the kimichimi stuff has made me feel happy,and a sense of belonging in this world,and i dont know what i'd do without it.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
ridiculousness Offline
Average Joe

Re: addicted to trying to get high - May 27th 2009, 03:55 AM

What you're getting addicted to is probably just chewing tobacco, which has nicotine, that gives you the 'high' feeling...and trust me, that goes away reaaaaal fast. It's a REALLY tough addiction to kill too.

When people try the first thing that makes them even the slightest bit happier or intoxicated or 'high', it's normal to want to try more :| But, if you are doing it to escape your problems and numb the pain, you need to stop now before you try things harder than weed. The only way to avoid addictions in the future is to stop NOW. That's it :\

Help my little eggiweggs! =D Prease?

(#3 (permalink)) Old
icryrainbows Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Jasmine

Re: addicted to trying to get high - May 28th 2009, 03:44 AM

i would,but its hard to stop.ive been chewing about 3 tobaccos at once now.
people at school are using diff. stuff,like dokha,and salvia,and its hard trying not to try it.i really dont know what to do,because it does make me happy.and i dont want to stop being happy.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Twisted Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Re: addicted to trying to get high - May 29th 2009, 12:12 AM

I would advise you to stop if you're using such things to escape, thats most definitely not a good reason to turn to drugs and alcohol. (oh yeah weed and pot are the same thing btw, just letting you know)

(#5 (permalink)) Old
peaceSRC Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: addicted to trying to get high - May 30th 2009, 06:34 PM

Spices such as nutmeg are a really awful way to get high. Marijuana usually just does the trick and it's much more simple. Nutmeg takes forever to get you high and makes you sick after wards. If someone offers you drugs, just say no. You know the risks involved, so don't do it. I also don't think you should lecture people on drinking and doing drugs. It's nice to be caring, but most of the time people already know their risks and don't like to be told what to do.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Josh-C.59 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: addicted to trying to get high - June 9th 2009, 08:56 PM

just do weed
its alot better for u that anything else uve listed
and it gets u high!

Closed Thread