TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Substance Use Whether you are combating substance abuse, are in search support, or have questions about drugs or alcohol, ask in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
njpride Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

third time caught with weed - June 1st 2009, 12:03 AM

Basically im 16 and i started smoking weed last summer, me and my friends almost religiously every weekend would all pitch in and smoke and everything seemed fine. November 25th at a friends house his mother caught us and of course my mom was notified. My parents took it really hard and basically grounded me until january 09 but two days later on thanksgiving i tell my cousin of this story and of he gives me a joint. speed things up to january i can go out again but im cautious and by the time of my birthday ( march 6th), im out smoking every weekend. I got caught my second time april 21, go figure, and my mom flips. I wait 3 weeks get drug tested so she knows im clean, and im able to go out again and as of today, i have gotten caught my third time after an unsuspecting surprise drugtest.

with all this information i think youl understand where im coming from.. the problem is i want to express to my parents that i do not have a problem and that im just going through a teenage phase. i think the pee test idea is stupid in all honesty. wouldnt it just be better to not test me and hope that i make the right deciscion. im a good kid, respectful, i do well in school, and ive never had any problems ever but this is just stupid. my dad in his early years was most likely a pothead and hes fine now, why cant i be left alone. also he is much more leniant then my mother. if it was up to him i wouldnt be in trouble but of course he cant enforce this because its my mothers deciscion over his and if she knew his true feeling she would kill him.

all im asking is for some help on this situation because i think its all being taken way too seriously.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
mr_null Offline
Formerly known as mr_null
Average Joe

Re: third time caught with weed - June 1st 2009, 12:49 AM

If you can't keep it a secret you should stop smoking weed until you've moved out. You live with your mom, you have to respect her and her rules. I agree she's taking this too seriously but unless you can make her see that weed isn't as bad as she thinks there's nothing you can really do.

Check out these sites for reliable information on weed and the drug war:
www.erowid.org
www.norml.org

(#3 (permalink)) Old
njpride Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: third time caught with weed - June 1st 2009, 01:04 AM

I understand what your saying but i just cant find a way to make her see its not as bad as it looks. And is only her my dad completely understands where im coming from but is basically whipped and cant express that without getting on her bad side either.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
B.O.T.E Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: third time caught with weed - June 1st 2009, 04:58 AM

Just stop smoking weed.

Respect your mom, you live under HER roof. She worked hard to raise you, show a little respect for her.

Learn your lesson already, dont make it a 4th, or 5th time being caught.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
peaceSRC Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: third time caught with weed - June 1st 2009, 04:21 PM

If smoking is something you don't want to give up, look up unbiased information on weed and explain to your parents that they're taking this much worse than the situation really is and that locking you up and grounding you doesn't help you whatsoever. It would help more if you would be smarter and not smoke when you know your mother or a friend's parent wasn't around though. Your parents are going to get the idea that you can easily be caught by cops or something.

I understand where you're coming from B.O.T.E, but his mother should respect his wishes too. OP shouldn't be smoking in a place where his family members don't accept marijuana, but this is his life too. Compromises need to be made.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
puala__koala Offline
Average Joe

Re: third time caught with weed - June 2nd 2009, 02:09 AM

oh. that sucks. yeah, i got caught with weed several times, the first time they flipped, but i think my parents are starting to accept the fact that they cant tie me down to being a little goody good when i want to experiment with new things.

emm yeah... so you have several options you can a) get better at not getting caught b) just stop obeying your parents altogether c) talk to your parents and tell them why you think its okay to smoke or d) quit smoking pot.

yeah... tahts pretty much it... oh and btw to the people who said that he hsould obey his moms rules while he lives there, its not like he chooses to live there, and its his damned body. as long as hes not smoking pot in his house i dont c a problem because hes not disrespecting house rules.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
sunnnyBoo Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Sunsia(;

Re: third time caught with weed - June 2nd 2009, 11:40 PM

Just Stop.
Shes doing everything she can to make you stop.
&nd it works.
So just go with it.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
peaceSRC Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: third time caught with weed - June 3rd 2009, 12:25 AM

Quote:
Just Stop.
Shes doing everything she can to make you stop.
&nd it works.
So just go with it.
I'm afraid that's not how it works dear. His mom doesn't know all the facts about pot and is taking the situation out of proportion. She has every reason to because she's a mother, but completely disreguarding the OP's side of the story is also ignorant. Her plan is obviously not working if the OP is still smoking.

(#9 (permalink)) Old
B.O.T.E Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: third time caught with weed - June 3rd 2009, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by puala__koala View Post

yeah... tahts pretty much it... oh and btw to the people who said that he hsould obey his moms rules while he lives there, its not like he chooses to live there, and its his damned body. as long as hes not smoking pot in his house i dont c a problem because hes not disrespecting house rules.
Your right, the OP probably doesn't choose to live there- The OP can move out anytime...

The OP is a minor and is doing something ILLEGAL(whether you agree on it being illegal or not is another story). Unless you know 110% that you can never get caught again, just give it up till you can support yourself on your own-meaning your own house, your own rules.

The way it looks is that your mom will never approve(she has every right not to like it, its her opinion) and your only going to get caught more and more. Ask yourself, Is pot really worth it??

(#10 (permalink)) Old
peaceSRC Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: third time caught with weed - June 3rd 2009, 11:48 PM

You don't know that he'll keep getting caught. After reading the comments on this thread hopefully the OP will smarten up and lay off the weed or atleast figure out how to hide it and have the respect and reguard to not do it in or around his or a friend's house anymore. That's pretty much his problem at the moment.

Closed Thread