TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Substance Use Whether you are combating substance abuse, are in search support, or have questions about drugs or alcohol, ask in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
puala__koala Offline
Average Joe

am i really going down the wrong path? - June 2nd 2009, 02:00 AM

pretty much i smoke pot every chace i get, i take ecsacy eveyr other week, i get drunk every so often, and i do most of this during the week since its less suspicious to my parnets, and i can quit for weeks without any problems. i started when i was 15, got caught with pot and acid, and then quit for several months. im 16 now

i also sleep with a lot of people, specially people that its not okay to sleep with just cause it exites me (like my 26 year old ecstasy dealer and my best friends guy).

sooo yeah... am i going down the wrong path? a lot of ppl tell me i am, but idk what to believe. like i dont even really get to do a lot of these things often cause my parents wont let me out of hte house. and yeah... im not gonna lie, i cant quit doing stupid shit, like i can quit drugs or sex or anything, but as soon as i do i start doing something of the same manner. so yeah... advice?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
stina Offline
~Wanting it all back
Not a n00b

Name: Stina

Re: am i really going down the wrong path? - June 2nd 2009, 09:18 PM

If any of this is true, should look into rehab.

Sounds like you are addicted. =/

Very dangerous.

-Stina-
Go on and hold her
till the screaming is gone
Go on believe her
when she tells you
'Nothings wrong'

----
Even if I tried could you be less than an addiction?

(#3 (permalink)) Old
peaceSRC Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: am i really going down the wrong path? - June 3rd 2009, 12:30 AM

I suggest you read over everything you just posted and ask yourself that question.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
ridiculousness Offline
Average Joe

Re: am i really going down the wrong path? - June 3rd 2009, 06:48 AM

You just admitted that you can't quit, you are definitely in a bad situation.
Obviously you know that you're sex habits aren't acceptable, especially your partners, it's unhealthy and could get you an STD...
The drugs...well, it seems like you're trying to get away from something...
I suggest you see someone, before it's too late. :\ I hope you do well.

Help my little eggiweggs! =D Prease?

(#5 (permalink)) Old
puala__koala Offline
Average Joe

Re: am i really going down the wrong path? - June 4th 2009, 09:51 PM

i dont really think im addicted... the only reason why i havent quit is cause i dont want to, if i wanted to, i could cause im not doing addictive drugs so if im addicted its all in my head.

i talk to a psychologist about once a week cause i have some pretty bad problems relating to people at school and in general and i dont really have any close friends and whenever i see my brother hanging out wiht his close friends EVERY GOD DAMNED DAY i get really depressed. i also hate my school and i wanna switch but my parents dont want me to cause they moved here so me and my brohter coudl go to this school thats supposedlly really good (its not) and yeah... i swear if someone says "you shouldnt switch its one of the best public schools in the country" ill shoot them.

and i TRIED to get help. nothing works cause either it doesnt do anything or i try adn join programs so i can help myself but my parents wont even drive me to places and they wont let me go by myself cause my friend called them about how i wanted to try cocaine and then one day i didnt come home until 8 so they decided to call the cops cause they thougth i mgiht have done something or something. idk. its stupid.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Shannon Offline
The Awesome-ist.
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Shannon

Re: am i really going down the wrong path? - June 8th 2009, 01:35 AM

I think you just need to evaluate whether you're really happy with this life or not. No offense, but I sure as hell wouldn't be.

And, don't think I'm trying to be rude and all that, because I'm not. I've been into doing drugs and just things that I shouldn't before. It gives you an initial thrill I guess, but in the end it's just a LOT of sneaking around and lying and getting into trouble with your parents and risking all this stuff for a few highs to hang around with people that you're not really that fond of. It wasn't satisfying for me, and I doubt it really is for you. You sound unhappy and unsatisfied and addicted (like it or not). I think you'd be better off going to your shrink's and working through your problems and maybe going to rehab so you can just be happy all on your own.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
one_love_babey Offline
One love forever<3
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Manda

Re: am i really going down the wrong path? - June 8th 2009, 08:17 PM

I know what you are saying,
I am completely addictaded to stoages,
But any drugs ,
ex:
Oxycotton, extac, weed, cocaine, &+ everything else i have done...
I can stop &+ be completly fine.
I dont do any of it because i need it.
I do it because i like the feeling &+ i want to.
Just dont smoke stoags..
the only thing ive ever been addicted to.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
peaceSRC Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: am i really going down the wrong path? - June 11th 2009, 03:50 AM

^ Why the hell are you doing so many drugs at 14 years old? Jesus, this generation is beginning to scare me. Don't fool yourself honey. You may think you have no problems with drugs, but the kind you're doing such as oxycontin/oxycodone, whatnot, that is HIGHLY addictive. Opiates found in painkillers are becoming the new up and rising drug epidemic in the United States.

(#9 (permalink)) Old
monstermanx Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Brendan

Re: am i really going down the wrong path? - June 11th 2009, 09:43 PM

Alright, now I'm going to go piece by piece on your post, alright? This might seem harsh but this is what needs to be done in order to make you think, you need a urge, or something to impact you personally deeply, and I'm younger but I'm in the situation your in sort-of... I just don't care.

Drugs (E & Weed): Alright, now unless you skip school to get high, then you see all the pamphlets, presentations and information about drugs on a year to year basis. This is pretty harsh, but your 16 and your brain is developing still... Well, it should be, but your drug use is slowing it down if not screwing it up. Every hit of E you take, not only do you 50/50 chance your life, it's like taking an ice cream scoop out of your brain... Each hit! It kills brain cells, puts holes in your brain and can kill you. The weed, well, I personally believe it makes you smarter in the sense you focus better (Sorry for people who will get mad at this, but I'm not gonna be fake!) However, it has been 'proven' that weed kills brain cells and slows down brain development... So, imagine with the combination how many brain cells you have and what your brain looks like right now? Go buy a block of cheese, the type you see mice chasing on TV, and that's what your brain will look like in a year, if it doesn't already.

Drinking: Your in what grade ten, eleven? I will be honest, by your age, 7/10 teens drink. The only thing is, it's killing your liver and once again killing brain cells. You got one lethal combination of bad habits attacking your liver, kidney and brain! It's alright to drink on a Friday night at a party, but it shouldn't be a every night kind of thing... Don't know if it is for you, but most people who blaze and pop E drink too!

Sex: Nothing wrong with sex, in reason. Think about this, your 'getting around', are you protected? Do you wanna be the town bus everyone rides? No! So, wrap it up and in my opinion sex should only be between two people who are really in love.

Your going down a dark path, one that'll screw up your life!

Take this post for what it's worth, it's all on you.. Your the only one who can fix things and debate if you want to live the slut, high, drunk & low education life or a decent life, with more then minimum wage and a education.

Do or do not, there is no try!" - Joey Kovar

(#10 (permalink)) Old
swat Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: swat

Re: am i really going down the wrong path? - June 12th 2009, 12:31 PM

im suppose to be gr 11 but im in gr 9 classes. drugs and alcohol do nothing but set u back in life. thats experience talking. if i could do it again i would of never went down that path.

Closed Thread