TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Substance Use Whether you are combating substance abuse, are in search support, or have questions about drugs or alcohol, ask in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
tRouBledGiRL Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

i dnt kno... - June 16th 2009, 02:21 AM

so i like alcohol...a lot
i hve a bottle of rum in my closet
i can get more if i want
i only started drinking when i got with this guy
nd now i drink it when i feel down
i kno i shudnt
but i dnt kno anothr substitute
sumtimes i jus get soo angry
sumtimes my parents are to much for me
i kno i shud stop
but i dnt kno how
plz help if u can

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Abstract Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Rachel

Re: i dnt kno... - June 16th 2009, 03:33 AM

Well you need to realize that alcohol consumption will not solve your problems in anyway. As a matter of fact, alcohol will make it worse. You need to stop now before it's to late. "Late", meaning when you come to that point where alcohol is the ONLY thing that makes you happy. That's what happens when you become an alcoholic, and I know that is the last thing on your mind. It is hard coping with problems, I know, but sometimes there are many others ways. Besides drinking, and drugs, and smoking. There are healthy ways. Such as fixing your problems, figuring out what's bothering you, acting more positive. It takes dedication and patience. Throw out those bottles, and don't take a second look, or you will be on the road to a harder life. Take my advice, you're going to be alright.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
peaceSRC Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: i dnt kno... - June 16th 2009, 07:55 PM

You do know that alcoholism makes people even worse off and more angry right? You're pretty much just adding to your issues and digging yourself a deeper hole the more you drink.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
tRouBledGiRL Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: i dnt kno... - June 16th 2009, 10:12 PM

i kno about alcoholism
i kno it jus makes things worse
but i cnt help it
the burn feels gud
the effect feels gud
i duno y
i jus like it... 2 much

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Abstract Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Rachel

Re: i dnt kno... - June 16th 2009, 10:23 PM

Its a hard addiction. Find something else to keep you occupied, alcohol won't help, it will make the problems worse. It only numbs the pain.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
tRouBledGiRL Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: i dnt kno... - June 16th 2009, 10:36 PM

but wat?
i kno all it duz is harm n hurt n make things worse
but b4 alll the bad happens it feels gud....
like really gud
nd normally im kinda uptight but with it im as free as bird
i duno

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Em... Offline
smile; it looks good on you.
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: E

Re: i dnt kno... - June 17th 2009, 01:55 AM

Firstly, I'm glad you realize that you have this problem. Recognizing it is a great defeat. So kudos to that.
You say you haven't started really drinking until you met the guy you are with. Obviously he isn't the greatest person for you to be with if you are starting these habits. I'm not telling you what you should or shouldn't do, I'm only here to give advice, and you are here to either take it or leave it, but I think that this guy isn't good for you, and you need to try to isolate yourself from him. I'm not sure how strong your relationship is, but if it's causing you to harm yourself with alcohol, he isn't worth it. You should put You first.
Next, You could, when ever you are down, instead of grabbing the bottle, try doing something else, that will give you a better feeling, instead of harming yourself in anyway. Try doing something active, or talking with a friend. However going to alcohol for comfort isn't the way you should go. Alcohol, is a stimulant. When you drink it, it makes you perky, so if you keep going to it when you aren't feeling okay, it can make you go out of control to the point where you can't even recognize yourself anymore. It can also lead to many more problems, both emotionally and socially, which can lead to even more problems, and possibly with the law. It's important for you to know that this isn't the way you need to live your life. I know you are better than that.
You could also check into AA meetings in your communities. Although you may not be an "alcoholic" yet, meetings such as those, can provide you with a support group that can guide you out of going to the bottle for help. I'm sure they could help you greatly.
We too are also here to support you in anyway we can. Please take care hun, and PM me anytime you want to talk.

Closed Thread