TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Substance Use Whether you are combating substance abuse, are in search support, or have questions about drugs or alcohol, ask in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
RockrGrrl Offline
Not a n00b

MDMA/Extasy - November 15th 2009, 06:23 PM

I'm straight edge, never drank, done drugs, smoked, nothing. My boyfriend is very much against drug use, but he will take ex about once a month because of all of the research supporting it as a not-too-dangerous drug.

He's always talking about how great it is, not meaning to pressure me into it at all, but it does make me want to try it. Yet, I'm very proud of my straight edge mindset. I don't like being out of control or altered in any way, but MDMA seems so... easy.

I've done tons of research to try to convince myself otherwise, but it only makes my curiousity stronger. Does anyone have anything that can change my view?

I really don't want to do it. But I do. Bleh. lol

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Magic. Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Poppy

Re: MDMA/Extasy - November 15th 2009, 06:30 PM

I have friends and an ex who have done MDMA / ecstacy. And having seen them on it I wouldn't like it. They're just so out of it, and yes they're happy and laugh a lot but they have no control at all.
I wouldn't do it if I were you. Regardless of research, every individual's experiences are different with drugs. Plus there's always a risk as with every drug that you could be allergic to it ... and that could lead to a serious problem.

You can't move mountains by whispering at them.

Take a look at my art here:
http://attemptedart.tumblr.com/

(#3 (permalink)) Old
twk. Offline
Serves Servants
Not a n00b

Name: Šenial

Re: MDMA/Extasy - November 15th 2009, 11:18 PM

It's your decision, don't let him pressure you into it.

It sounds like you haven't had alot of experience with alcohol or drugs, so using MDMA for the first time will be a very different feeling. If you do decide to take them, make sure you have water on hand and be in a safe environment atleast, so if something does (on the small chance) go wrong, you'll be covered. Even if you have a friend who isn't taking pills.

What im trying to say is don't take it for the first time somewhere like, say, at a rave on a rural property in the middle of nowhere and hours away from any form of town. (:

If you have any other questions or want any more info just send a PM or reply.

it's the beauty of confession

eviL.evoL

Send a message via MSN to twk. Send a message via Skype™ to twk. 
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
RockrGrrl Offline
Not a n00b

Re: MDMA/Extasy - November 16th 2009, 04:52 AM

^ He doesn't mean to pressure me... I think he's nervous about himself doing it, so he's constantly trying to tell himself its okay and it subconsiously has affected me.

I don't have any personal experience, but my mom has done everything under the sun and lived to warn me about it haha. I'm also in a band so... I'm around it a lot.

Nah, we never go to raves or anything like that. Just chill and talk about life. But yeah thank you. I appreciate it :]

(#5 (permalink)) Old
twk. Offline
Serves Servants
Not a n00b

Name: Šenial

Re: MDMA/Extasy - November 16th 2009, 10:48 PM

If you have an open/honest relationship with your mother you might be able to talk to her about how you feel.

I mean if she's done everything under the sun i'm pretty certain she'd think that eventually you might try things.

idk though, that's only if you are comfortable talking to her about these things, everyone has different relationships with their parents (:

it's the beauty of confession

eviL.evoL

Send a message via MSN to twk. Send a message via Skype™ to twk. 
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Ollie- Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Ollie

Re: MDMA/Extasy - November 17th 2009, 12:20 AM

MDMA is an extremely safe drug.

to the person who said they seem so out of it, yes if you do enough then your obviously going to be fucked. but seriously, ive done enough to be in this state and i wasnt acting like a complete retard, infact i had complete control over myself, could hold straight conversations with people who couldnt even tell i was on it.

if you do decide to do it, make sure you get mdma, please dont do it with pills, ive had pills before which have basically been speed, which wasnt really the most fun thing in the world.

Make sure you have water with you, but just sip on it every now and then..dont gulp it constantly.

its a wonderful drug in moderation, such a shame the media put such a shitty view on it :/

(#7 (permalink)) Old
TheBabyEater Offline
With A Sprinkle Of Cinnamon
I've been here a while

Name: Marissa

Re: MDMA/Extasy - November 17th 2009, 12:56 AM

Ex, just like many other drugs like weed and LSD, is a mild drug, but can have unpleasant side-effects in some people, and if taken too much. A 'bad trip' of LSD can get really, really freaking bad. Like, people hallusinate the craziest stuff, like cutting off their hands and everything. BUT, I'm not trying to say that will happen. A lot of times, this is due to taking too much at once.
Most people I've talked to have had nothing but good experiences with these LSD and extasy which are similar. Just make sure you don't take too much

And while they're not addictive drugs, remember that you can get addicted to pretty much anything if you become attached to a feeling you get from it. You get psychologically addicted and stuff. Though, that probably won't happen either. Just warning you, because the more you do it, the more it will take for you to get the same effect, and the bigger chance of you having a bad trip. Again, just warning you not to take too much of it or too often

It's up to you. I understand your predicament, I also think of myself as straight-edge. But I'm also very curious in drugs like LSD and extasy....

Take me seriously.
I dare you.

Send a message via Skype™ to TheBabyEater 
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
Ollie- Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Ollie

Re: MDMA/Extasy - November 17th 2009, 09:44 AM

People dont hallucinate cutting their hands off on Acid.

I wouldn't say LSD is a mild drug either, its one of the hardest drugs in my opinion, even more so than herion, crack, meth etc.

You dont magically see things appear on acid, and bad trips are usually created from bad thoughts which end up cycling in your mind until it is all you can think about.. ive had a bad trip before which ended up me laying down for 2 hours wishing it would be over, but then as soon as the situation changed i was fine and enjoyed it.

You dont trip of MDMA.

Last edited by Ollie-; November 17th 2009 at 09:56 AM.

Closed Thread