TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Substance Use Whether you are combating substance abuse, are in search support, or have questions about drugs or alcohol, ask in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
PureLithium Offline
Equestrian
Average Joe

Name: Alex

Does synthetic marijuana lower the effectiveness of birth control? - December 27th 2011, 03:02 AM

Lately I've been smoking a lot of pot but I have a drug test coming up within January and so I was going to turn to synthetics aka K2. But I need to know if K2 or synthetic mary jane lowers the effectiveness of birth control?
  Send a message via Yahoo to PureLithium  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
MercyMe Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Devin

Re: Does synthetic marijuana lower the effectiveness of birth control? - January 2nd 2012, 05:20 AM

This is not known and hasn't been tested as K2 is a new substance, I would recommend you stop smoking it immediately as it can cause serious side effects and is extremely dangerous. Never put man made drugs into your body.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Daivia Offline
Why Hussie? Why?
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Maeve

Re: Does synthetic marijuana lower the effectiveness of birth control? - January 2nd 2012, 05:27 AM

1. I think that K2 reads like pot on a drug test (it doesn't matter that one is illegal and one is a manufactured substance, they show up the same). As far as I know. I just read about this for health class, but as it is a new substance I could very well be wrong.
2. K2 is a synthetic made from chemicals by untrustworthy people who are most likely not chemists. I would reccomend discontinuing your use of it immediately.
3. To your actual question, I would say that it would depend on what kind of birth control you are taking. It probably varies wildly depending on what kind you are using.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
MercyMe Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Devin

Re: Does synthetic marijuana lower the effectiveness of birth control? - January 2nd 2012, 05:36 AM

Also K2 does not show up on a basic drug test, but if sent to a lab they will find it.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Kitty. Offline
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Kitty

Re: Does synthetic marijuana lower the effectiveness of birth control? - January 2nd 2012, 08:02 AM

Since you have a drug test coming up within a month, I recommend abstaining from all forms of marijuana [Including K2] until then. THC can be found in your blood for up 30 days and it's better to be safe than get caught. Whether or not it affects birth control, doctors are unsure. A quick google search told me that doctors and scientists don't know a lot about K2 and they are studying it because it may be linked to emergency hospital visits and/or death. I would recommend not using K2 as it is man-made and relatively unknown regarding health risks.

Last edited by Kitty.; January 2nd 2012 at 08:07 AM.
  Send a message via MSN to Kitty.  
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
NevermindMe Offline
The Straight Edge Sniper
I've been here a while

Re: Does synthetic marijuana lower the effectiveness of birth control? - January 2nd 2012, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercyMe View Post
This is not known and hasn't been tested as K2 is a new substance, I would recommend you stop smoking it immediately as it can cause serious side effects and is extremely dangerous. Never put man made drugs into your body.
Dude... all drugs are man made.

Sure, you can make up some bullshit about them being "plants" and how harmless "plants" are. (Despite this being an outright lie, seeing as many plants are not harmless.) but they are still grown by man, still used by man, and still tested by man.

Basically, all drugs carry risks.

- Justin

"Buy it, use it, break it, fix it,
Trash it, change it, mail, upgrade it,
Charge it, point it, zoom it, press it,
Snap it, work it, quick, erase it,
Write it, cut it, paste it, save it,
Load it, check it, quick, rewrite it"
Technologic

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Proud90sKid Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: .

Re: Does synthetic marijuana lower the effectiveness of birth control? - January 3rd 2012, 10:41 PM

hmm , id try synthetic urine to pass the drug test before id try synthetic pot again. I did snythetic pot for a while, and its really powerful. Not that you cant handle it. but it has some really bad physical effects, like heart rate jumps up to 180 a minute. not mellow like the real thing. its the real thing minus the mellowness and with extra paranoia. synthetic urine will work if yoiu buy the right brand and u use a device to keep it at a temp of 98.6 (buy it online)

the synthetic stuff is risky. Its not like natural drugs like shrooms and weed where we know its pretty safe.

Also the synthetic shit wears off really fast for me. but that depends on the type. it gets you stoned as fuck if you get the right brand, but its not a pleasant stoned like weed gives.

its a lot like pot, but not exactly like it. The side effects are really bad, unlike pot.

that being said, there are no studies done on synthetic pot. nobody knows much about it. here is how synthetic pot came into being: a scientist a while ago tried to figure out how altering chemical structure effects the amount of binding of the chemical to the cannabinoid receptors. He did this study in a laboratory and NOT on any animal or human. He did them practically with receptor proteins inside a test tube pretty much. Then , he published which chemicals bind to the cannabinoid receptors. then some people read it and began making a quick buck by spraying these same chemicals on regular plants and selling them.

Nobody knows anything about it. Marijuana is SAFE. its been tested for over 2000 years and no deaths. this synthetic stuff is completely unknown . you dont even know what chemical is in it anymore because they dont publish that (JWH-018 has been banned in the US, K2 now uses a different chemical) . they dont test it on humans or animals, nor do they have to test it (as its not being sold for human consumption (although it is, the label says its not)).

Your heart beats so fast on this stuff its incredible. much more paranoid,etc.

If your gonna do it (which you probably are). Dont smoke a blunt of it. a blunt of this stuff (at least the brand i got- which wasnt k2) is WAY too much. No bong rips either. This isnt weed, dont smoke it like weed. The dosing is not the same as weed , even if the weed is chronic. This stuff is more powerful than the maximum that THC can do because THC can only partially activate cannabinoid receptors, while the JWH chemicals can activate them all the way.

if you are gonna do it, Use at your own risk. Absolutely nobody knows if its bad for the liver, heart, kidneys,etc. it most likely is bad for the heart. your heart beats like 3 times a second with this stuff and blood pressure goes through the roof. and i can handle real weed easily.

There is 0 expectation of safety with these products. we dont even know whats in the stuff, let alone if its bad for birth control . Every brand is different.

But the answer saying that it will fail a drug test for you is wrong. At the lab, they wont test you for the drugs in spice, cause the drugs in K2 are not illegal and they arent that common. The only reason they send it to a lab is so that they can do laboratory confirmatory testing on it that is more accurate than the paper strip tests. NOT to test it for more chemicals. They banned the previous chemicals in synthetic weed, but the companies now all use new chemicals. Ive had good experiences on the stuff, but it takes time to get the dosing right. and each time you go a bit overboard, your body reacts horribly and it feels awful. Also, K2 does NOT show up like pot on a drug test. they are totally different chemicals

Last edited by Proud90sKid; January 3rd 2012 at 11:06 PM.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
Closed Thread