TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Substance Use Whether you are combating substance abuse, are in search support, or have questions about drugs or alcohol, ask in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Paint_It_Black Offline
Not a n00b

Name: N/A

Hi My Names Chelsea & I'm An Alcoholic - March 2nd 2012, 04:52 AM

hey well as the title says i'm an alcoholic and i'm really struggling with my drinking its getting out of hand and i dont know what to do. i have anixety & depression and i dont have any meds for it anymore. alot of things are going on irl my bf left me a few months ago and it was a huge trigger that sent me further into my downward spiral since then money has been really tight and my family has been struggling and one of my best friends committed suicide a few weeks ago and i've been drinking a ton since then to try and numb the pain. i'm in a band also and when we tour alcohol is readily available to me we are currently touring and i've been able to drink alot..i'm drunk right now as i'm writing this i just dont know what to do anymore what should i do?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Ryan1 Offline
A Man Of My Word
I've been here a while

Name: Ryan

Re: Hi My Names Chelsea & I'm An Alcoholic - March 4th 2012, 02:27 AM

I'm sorry to hear about your loss, suicide is never easy to discuss so I'll just leave you with my condolences. On a separate note I wanted to mention that sometimes a life style change is necessary even in extreme cases. Perhaps parting ways with your friends if their just going to drowned you in sea of alcohol, yes I'm referencing to your band. Anti-depressants are a last resort and are meant for people who feel down all the time, even when they have reason to be happy. Grieving a loss and struggling financially, naturally would make you stressed but does not warrant the use of drugs in my unprofessional opinion. You want to try to correct the problems around you and work towards a better future. Quitting drinking is hard but you can't expect to stop drinking then go out to a bar Friday, because you'll just repeat the same mistake.

Nothing's impossibly unless you add that road block in your mind, I had to ditch my whole social life to sober up, you can too its worth it.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Average Joe

Name: Dylan

Re: Hi My Names Chelsea & I'm An Alcoholic - March 4th 2012, 05:28 AM

Maybe remove yourself from places that have alcohol? Out of sight, out of mind.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
MrJungleTiger Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Hi My Names Chelsea & I'm An Alcoholic - March 15th 2012, 01:15 AM

chelsea,

it sounds like you are going through a really hard time right now, the truth is everyone goes through these moments in life, the tough part is to make it through them. The last thing I would want is for you to harm yourself because you sound like a great person. As for your problems with alcohol, I drink alcohol myself but truth be told, I do not know what it is like to be addicted to anything, I can't imagine the struggling involved in the process. Moderation is key to any addiction, that is if you can control it. be sure that if you ever want a drink again to set a limit and keep it, ex. ( Im only going to have 3 beers tonight ). Your life should start to see the light side again in no time, I have faith in you. If you need help with anything else let me know I would be happy to help. I am very sorry for what your going through just try to keep your head up. If you need medication for your anxiety try seeing your doctor, I myself had anxiety problems at one point in my life combined with depression, my doctor hooked me up with Alprozolam and although it took a long time for things to get better I am now living life fairly happy.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Dr.Bobby Offline
Psychologist
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Hi My Names Chelsea & I'm An Alcoholic - March 15th 2012, 02:40 AM

Chelsea, good for you for admitting you have a problem with alcohol, and recognizing where it might come from. And especially good for you for wanting to change. Actually, that's the easy part x 3!

Now, get some support for not drinking by finding out where AA meetings are (they're everywhere, and literally, all the time), go to meeting..as many as you need..and get yourself a sponsor who acts as a personal coach and support for not drinking, someone who's successfully been sober thru the program.

PM me with the link of the post you'd like me to respond to.

Closed Thread