TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount19

Edit avatar

My best friend... - July 19th 2012, 08:59 PM

Something happened to her recently, and I know just some bits of it. We're internet friends, so I don't know her personally and never met her in real life. She said some things, that has me coming to two conclusions. Today she deactivated her Facebook account, and I just caught a glimpse of her last status message before it went away.

Those two conclusions are either threatening to kill someone or herself. Either way, I'll still support and love her. Though, I prefer that she'd said she was gonna kill herself. But if she said she was gonna kill someone else, well... That happens, right? And 98% of the time, we don't actually murder someone when we say it.

How can I get through to her? I don't want to lose her. She means the world and more to me.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Chris Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Chris

Re: My best friend... - July 19th 2012, 09:49 PM

You can try to give her advice and talk to her until your face turns blue and it wont matter much. Your best bet is to just be there for her. Verbally tell her you will be there for her (via email, text, phone, etc), and that you care about her. Other than that, you really don't have many choices, and I wouldn't recommend trying to force her to talk to you about things because thats how friendships usually develop problems or end up coming to an end (which we don't want to happen). So offer support, SHOW that you are there to listen and that you do care, and leave the rest up to her.

Best wishes,
Chris

Chris
I hope you know that you deserve it all. The best, the most honest, the most beautiful purest love in the world. Not only to be loved by others, but to be loved by yourself. To look in the mirror and think "Yes, I'm exactly who I want to be". To speak up and be proud of yourself. To be brave and open. You deserve the nicest and most caring people to walk into your life. You deserve it all, you know. The whole world...

(#3 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount19

Edit avatar

Re: My best friend... - July 21st 2012, 02:24 PM

Thank you Chris, I've been trying to do that. She's not saying much, but I'm going to give her time.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Quacker Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: My best friend... - July 21st 2012, 06:12 PM

no advice really. just wanted to say your friend is lucky to have you in their life. good luck with everything and just keep being you. i think you're already doing the best you can.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Pirouette Offline
Just a girl strolling by
I've been here a while

Name: Rishy

Re: My best friend... - July 22nd 2012, 10:07 PM

Hey there, I also have a friend who threatened to kill herself too, but she never did. Anyways, since you said that she is your best friend, you can possibly contact her in some other way, such as phone, email, text message?

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Luv2EqualRCMR Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: My best friend... - July 23rd 2012, 02:39 AM

You are such a wonderful caring person just contact him/her in every way you can and let them know that they mean a lot to you. tell them how you feel and dont be afraid to show little aggression like "do NOT kill yourself, it will be the biggest mistake you ever make" or same thing with killing someone else. Just make sure they know you love them.

Closed Thread