TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Jamesc7164 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Affair = distraught child - July 22nd 2012, 12:20 AM

I found out about a week ago that my father had been cheating on my mother twice one long term and one short term, i'd rather not explain how i found out but i did and i was extremely conflicted my father has been battling some things in his life so i was concerned for him but also disgusted and he had referred to my mother in some unsavoury terms again i would rather not share how i found out anyway i found out this morning my mother has a tracking device in his car, she reads all his messages etc so i doubt he would be dumb enough to cheat on her again but I'm so conflicted because i want to stay as far away from this whole crap but i can't. They're in a pretty crap place in their relationship, my father desperately wants to fix things and my mother is not sure, again i'd rather not share how i found all this out. What do i do? How can i forgive my father? Stay away from this whole crap? Please help

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Collies R Us Offline
Proverbs 30:5-6
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Ally

Re: Affair = distraught child - July 22nd 2012, 12:49 AM

If he's truly sorry, forgive him. And try not to take sides.
Try not to get involved in their arguements. Go to friend's house or something.
I guess you can try to talk to your mom. Tell her that he really wants to set things right...but it may be better to let them work it out.
Hang in there.
God bless.
- Collies R Us aka Ally

"Be strong and bold; have no fear or dread of them, because it is the LORD your God who goes with you; he will not fail you or forsake you." (Deut. 31:6 NRSV of the Bible)

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Stuck.in.time Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Ani ;p

Re: Affair = distraught child - July 22nd 2012, 09:38 AM

Collies R Us (Ally) is right when she says do not take sides. It'll only aggravate the situation- I've been in the cross-fire of some of my parents' fights. It seems both of them need to be without each other for a while, just to see where they stand in the relationship. I mean would either one be willing to love the other despite their faults, despite the hardships they've already been through? Perhaps you can remind them of all the good memories all of you have had, as a family. Perhaps you can rebuild the trust- it's a vital thing in any relationship. But that doesn't mean you should make it your responsibility to ensure, that they absolutely get back together. Ultimately, it's something that they have to do themselves. It's fine to provide a little help now and then.

If you want to stay away from all this, then I recommend going out and hanging out with friends. Do something fun to take your mind off things. Make new memories right now, to overrule these new, awful ones.

To forgive your father: you could at least understand why he's doing it. Is there some aspect of his relationship with her, that he particularly dislikes?? No one is ever perfect and all humans have the ability to do incredible harm to another person. There is no good side or evil side.

I wish you all the best and good luck! Stay strong through all this!!

I know it's time to move on and let go... but I can't. I'm just... Stuck.in.time

Closed Thread