TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
DrummerBoy Offline
Not a n00b

My friends relatioinship is falling apart....and its with a girl i still like. - July 22nd 2012, 04:17 AM

So im 14 and my buddy is 15.

We met some girls at a gig we did and we both thought one of them was cute.

Her and my friend seemed to click better, and i still liked her, but it didnt bother me much that they started dating.

They would text and talk on the phone A TON.

I text her once every couple days or so.

The other day, she texted me saying she needed support.

I go: "Ok....what happened?"

She told me. Before i say the story i should mentioin this.....when they began this, she said she didnt want him to "drink"because she doesnt like that...and its illegal cause hes 15.

So he was hanging out with his friend and one of his friends brought some "Drinks" and he got pressured into it....which i think was poor on his part. He texted her saying "Im sorry...but Im drunk. I know we agreed that this wouldnt happen...bt i was pressured to it and i feel bad."

So i talked t my friend about it for a minute and he seems like he felt bad...but also didnt seem to worried about anything.

Now.
I think she forgives him...mostly...and I think they may be moving on with their relationship...but they might not im not sure.

Now heres where i come in. I still think shes cute. More the that...shes beautiful...and i want to tell her because ive been holding back for a while. My friend knows that i liked her before this started...i dont think he really thinks that i still do...but i want t tell her...ut i realy dont wanna screw up there relationship after they put the pieces back together.

What should i do?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Jamesc7164 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: My friends relatioinship is falling apart....and its with a girl i still like. - July 22nd 2012, 09:22 AM

I would suggest that just be a friend for her, but unless you can honestly see a future with her I personally would refrain from telling her - you don't really want to inadvertently damage your relationship with your mate or with her.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
DrummerBoy Offline
Not a n00b

Re: My friends relatioinship is falling apart....and its with a girl i still like. - July 22nd 2012, 02:22 PM

Thanks. Im gonna hold back unless they end it....

(#4 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Robin

Re: My friends relatioinship is falling apart....and its with a girl i still like. - July 22nd 2012, 09:07 PM

I would wait to tell her how you feel until their relationship is over. After that, she's fair game (although it would still be a good idea to talk things over with your friend first). It doesn't seem right to tell her how you feel NOW, though, when they're relationship is potentially on the rocks. If she were to leave him and start dating you, you could be labeled as the "homewrecker" and blamed for their relationship problems. If she chooses to leave him because of your confession, but wonders later on if she rushed into things too quickly (or didn't give her previous relationship enough time for things to sort out), she could end up resenting you, which you definitely don't want.

Also, I have some other advice regarding this relationship between your friend and his girlfriend. Stay out of it. If they want to ask you for advice or support, that's one thing... but do NOT get overly involved in their relationship. It's really not your place to keep track of whether or not things are okay between the two of them. Let them handle their relationship. Ultimately, it's not your business if she does or doesn't forgive him for drinking. If you start "following" their relationship, so to speak, then you're more likely to get pulled into their "drama" at some point and end up risking your friendship with BOTH people.

Last edited by PSY; July 22nd 2012 at 09:15 PM.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
DrummerBoy Offline
Not a n00b

Re: My friends relatioinship is falling apart....and its with a girl i still like. - July 23rd 2012, 03:19 AM

Thanks a lot.
Lately shes been asking me for help a lot and wanting me to do things and i think im gonna try to back off because i noticed im kind of getting involved in it a little more then i should. I will definitly give advice when they want it but other then that im gonna let them fix their problem.

And I definitly agree i shouldnt say I like her yet. Im gonna wait on that till after they are over. I dont want to mess it up.

Closed Thread