TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Validity Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Jay
Location: In the deep, dark, treacherous place called my mind. Oh and Australia!

Fight, fight, fight! And I'm sick of it - September 17th 2012, 08:28 AM

Hey guys, I am 15 years old in 2 days and I have never know my dad. So, my mum has been in an off and on relationship for over 9 months now, and they fight over trivial things. Oh, tonight is my favourite one of all right now!
They are fucking fighting over Steve's place in this house and that he couldn't have a shower!
My mum is uptight about saving money and Steve has had a shower already at our place.....

But, it is PISSING me off! I have never liked Steve, I thought he was a jerk and then he got mum PREGNANT and tried to walk away. He caved after two weeks and came back a drivelling mess, 'oh (mum), take me back, I love you, I need you! mwah mwah mwah'

They had several fights like this an then he got his head into the game.

I told Mum that there was someone better for her and now he's telling HER to break the relationship up because he knows if HE does it he'll come off badly at church again!

Fucking hell.

Any suggestions on how to cope?

Jay.

Buddy since 18/11/12 LiveHelp Operator since 22/12/12 Add me on Facebook Jay Louise Shorrock!
A whisper in the dark; is better than silence in the light. -Courtesy of your's truly.
My blog is open to all, those whom are easily triggered avoid, it's a story about a girl and her life and how far she has come over the years. If you read it, I hope it inspires you to keep fighting and to NEVER give up!

When you can no longer think of a reason to continue, you must think of a reason to start over.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Robin

Re: Fight, fight, fight! And I'm sick of it - September 18th 2012, 08:11 PM

If you haven't already, I'd let your mom know how you feel. Rather than saying things like, "Steve is a jerk," though, I would talk about how much you love her and want her to be happy. Your mom isn't stupid - somewhere in the back of her mind, she knows this is an unhealthy relationship. She may decide to stay in this relationship for a while longer, for whatever reason (maybe she doesn't want the baby to grow up without a father around)... but if she knows you're supportive of whatever will make her happy, then she can draw strength and encouragement from that.

As for coping, think about what makes you happy, like hanging out with friends, drawing, listening to music, etc. Whenever you are feeling overwhelmed, have a plan for how you can manage all those negative feelings. If possible, you may want to consider leaving the house for a bit (if it's a safe neighborhood and you're allowed to do so) when the two of them fight - just removing yourself from their presence can do a great deal of good.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Validity Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Jay
Location: In the deep, dark, treacherous place called my mind. Oh and Australia!

Re: Fight, fight, fight! And I'm sick of it - September 19th 2012, 01:17 AM

I let her know that I'm there for her, always telling her I love her and I help around the house.
She thinks Steve is her last chance at being happy and being with someone. BUt she is gorgeous, intelligent but somewhat stupid when it comes to relationships. I know there is someone else for her but -shrugs- I"ve warned her so many times and each time the next few days he walks out.

My mum doesn't think it a good idea to ever go to someones house because she doesn't know their parents or them. She doesn't like me doing anything

Jay.

Buddy since 18/11/12 LiveHelp Operator since 22/12/12 Add me on Facebook Jay Louise Shorrock!
A whisper in the dark; is better than silence in the light. -Courtesy of your's truly.
My blog is open to all, those whom are easily triggered avoid, it's a story about a girl and her life and how far she has come over the years. If you read it, I hope it inspires you to keep fighting and to NEVER give up!

When you can no longer think of a reason to continue, you must think of a reason to start over.

Closed Thread