TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
aqua Offline
retro machine comes inbetween
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Sian

Clingy? - June 25th 2013, 08:44 PM

Recently I've been feeling really awkward with my friend. Its like she doesn't want me at her house when I go, I can never feel at home like I used to feel just a few weeks ago.
Its so strange, I mean I know I haven't done anything.
Its just so...strange. Like you just KNOW that something has changed?

Im beginning to suspect she's just sick of my company. Like, I go up to her house quite a lot during the week. Like twice or three times? And we would normally just chat and hang out and all the usual stuff.

Im so confused.

Self-harm free since: October 2013
~Follow me on Tumblr~

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Tro Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Tro

Re: Clingy? - June 25th 2013, 09:05 PM

Hi,

Well, I'm not really an expert on relationships but let me know if this is helpful or not. There are a few things you can do to address the situation and to try to go back to what it used to be like between you two. First, try to think about how you're feeling toward you friend and your friendship in general. Make sure that the feelings of awkwardness aren't really coming from you, because sometimes a change within yourself can lead to feelings like that and might be confused for something the people around you are doing or feeling.

If you're sure that you still feel the same way toward your friend, and that nothing major has happened in your life that has required you to shift your focus completely to deal with that major event (major events can also cause changes in how you feel about things you previously firmly understood), then ask your friend if anything is wrong. If you're close friends, it should be okay to ask them if something big has happened/she is planning lately that's been on her mind. If it's something external like that, then you should probably just let her know that if she needs anyone to talk to you'll be there, and give her some time to deal with the problems while being there as a friend.

If she seems like she doesn't have any big issues in her life, and you don't have any either, but you still feel like the awkwardness is there... ask her directly about whether or not she feels something has been bothering her about your friendship. At this point, you should be honest about how you've been feeling and ask her if there's anything wrong that you think can be worked on. Hopefully she doesn't have a problem with the friendship itself, and that the issue is actually just one of the two things above.

With all of this said, sometimes big events can lead to changes in peoples' lives that make those around them feel differently regarding their relationships with that person. Again, hopefully nothing big has happened that would cause a paradigm shift like this, and hopefully it's just that there's a small issue worrying her or something that's caused you to pick up this awkward/strange vibe.
  Send a message via AIM to Tro Send a message via Skype™ to Tro 
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Always be yourself
Average Joe

Name: Brittany

Re: Clingy? - June 26th 2013, 12:15 AM

The best way to solve this problem is to talk to your friend. You can drive yourself crazy trying to figure out what is wrong in your head, and then ask her and it be totally different. They could have something going on with them that they just need to get off their chest if you ask. Or they could be wondering why YOU are acting distant. Who knows if you do not ask them? Good luck.

What if I fall?
Oh, but my darling, what if you fly?

Closed Thread