TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
CaughtInMyHead Offline
DayDeaming my Life Away
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Nicole

Unhappy I don't like the way my stepfather treats my mother - July 2nd 2013, 05:25 AM

My mother's husband is not abusive, but he often acts in a sexist way and it's hard to see a woman whom I look up to and love so much treated in such a degrading way. Whenever he see's her, he'll slap her ass and kiss her in a pretty explicit way. I know that doesn't sound bad, but for some reason I am filled with disgust and anger when I see this. My mother and him work the same amount of hours at equally tasking jobs, and, yet, my mother does all the cleaning while he sits watching TV. Whenever he asks her to do things for him, like get him a beer or make him something to eat, he'll say to me "She's such a good girl." He'll use this voice, and it makes me so upset I literally have to leave the room. I know this probably sounds pathetic, but for some reason it bothers me more than anything has in a long time.
Any insight? (Feel free to disagree with me, I just needed to vent. I appreciate anyone who responds though)

Thank you

Nothing easy is worth doing, but easy would be nice every once in while.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Hypothesis. Offline
Not significant.

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Dez

Re: I don't like the way my stepfather treats my mother - July 5th 2013, 02:54 AM

Hey there,

Maybe one day you could sit down with your mom and have an honest discussion with her about how you feel. You can say that you're glad she's found someone that she's happy with, but you really look up to her and feel concerned by some of the ways he treats her. You can even mention why that is. You can let her know that you're not trying to control how he treats her but it upsets you to know that sometimes he is explicit with her around other people or makes her do all the cleaning. At least if you have your feelings out, she can share her side of things and even give you a bit of comfort.

You're right though that it does seem a bit degrading that he'll be explicit with her in front of other people, but maybe if it gets too bad you can continue to try and leave the room to avoid having to see it for very long.

I hope things improve!

-Dez

Closed Thread