TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
thestorysofar- Offline
defend pop punk
Not a n00b

Name: Ally

They weren't even worried. - September 7th 2013, 02:35 PM

We live in a city. The high school I go to doesn't have actual school buses. We have to ride city buses. We just moved to the area in late March I think, and I don't know my way around that we'll. My step-mother expects me to take these city buses, know exactly where to go, and how to get home. Well on Tuesday, I was waiting for the city bus. It was taking a long time, and I saw another bus come. It had a street name I usually get off on, but the other street name I didn't know. I thought that this was my bus so I got on it. Unfortunately it wasn't, and it took me all around to places I didn't know. Finally, the driver said I got on the wrong bus and dropped me off at the place I got on at. I was really scared because I thought I was lost, and I have no communication at all. I don't have a phone to contact anyone if I was lost. And I'm scared of asking to use someone's phone because I don't do good with people. Anyways, it was around 4, -I get out of school at 2:30- and I was just Standing there trying to figure out what to do. This woman walked past me and she was talking on the phone about how she was going to this store near my house so I followed her. I was really scared and thought I was lost, but I finally made my way home (I was scared on a second note because I thought I was going to get snatched.) I told everyone how I got lost, and then my step mother comes home and she's mad at me for getting lost. Are you kidding me? They weren't worried at all. I could've came home at 8 and they wouldn't be worried. My dad wasn't even worried. She was mad at me because I got on the wrong bus. Well I'm sorry if I don't know my way around this stupid city in the first place. It really hurt that they weren't worried at all. I bet they would just be mad if i were to disappear one day

bullshit, you fucking miss me.

Last edited by thestorysofar-; September 7th 2013 at 04:38 PM.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Chris Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Chris

Re: They weren't even worried. - September 11th 2013, 05:20 AM

Hi Ally. First off, I'm so sorry for the late reply - I was out of town for a week.

You seem to have aloy of responsibility and independence thrown on you at such a young age. I was in your position at a very young age too. I made alot of mistakes, but having all that different responsibilities and independence really made me into a better person, and a very mature person. I can totally understand that it can be very hard and overwhelming to get tossed all these different things - but I know you can do it!

I can also understand how you feel about your parents not even caring about the scary mishap you had a few days ago. Unfortunately, my parents didn't care when I made bad mistakes (like taking a train by myself to a bad neighborhood in Chicago). Just remember, you will make mistakes, but you will also learn from them.

Being in the position you are in (with responsibility & independence) is a great one - but also a very challenging one. Keep your head up, and keep pushing forward! You'll be glad you did!

Best wishes,
Chris

Chris
I hope you know that you deserve it all. The best, the most honest, the most beautiful purest love in the world. Not only to be loved by others, but to be loved by yourself. To look in the mirror and think "Yes, I'm exactly who I want to be". To speak up and be proud of yourself. To be brave and open. You deserve the nicest and most caring people to walk into your life. You deserve it all, you know. The whole world...

(#3 (permalink)) Old
believeinme Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: They weren't even worried. - September 11th 2013, 09:09 AM

hey Ally, I'm terribly sorry about your experience!! I've lived here all my life and still don't know how to get around, so I can't even imagine moving to a new city. When I went to go to my high school orientation, I totally got lost. I took the wrong train, and then I took the wrong street, and completely missed the entire thing. After that experience, I went on the bus website and looked at all the routes and where they would take me. It helped me so much! You can plan a trip, and it tells you what time the bus comes, and where it is located, and where to get on and off. I'm not sure if your city bus has that option, but it would never hurt to look it up. About your step-mom getting mad at you, I'm really sorry. most of my family doesn't care what I do with my life, so I somewhat understand where you're coming from. I just remind myself that they're no better than me, and to try to brush it off. I know it's hard, but I try not to beat myself up about it. If you ever need someone to talk to, I'm always here
*btw great taste in music

Closed Thread