TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Flora Offline
Goodbye.
Not a n00b

Name: Michelle

Angry 'Friend' is driving me insane - November 6th 2013, 06:51 PM

I suppose this is more of a rant but the girl I hang around with at college is drving me absolutly insane. I'm at a loss what more I could possibly do to make her realise what she is doing to me.

She's one of those people that will talk for ages, which in itself doesn't bother me. But she doesn't let anyone else input into the conversation. Say I get to college on a Monday and she tells me about her weekend, she'll do nothing but moan on about how her parents are annoying her or about what 'hilarious' thing she did or how she hasn't got the work done for her dedline because she has no time (bearing in mind she just decided to get a part time job despite 'having no time ~ logic). It's all about her and the terrible atrocities that happened to her. I get that she doesn't have an easy life, and I'm not kicking her down for that, but if something is bothering me she won't listen if I manage to even get a word in edgeways. She'll instantly change the topic, or just make an affirmative noise. Yet she expects me to give her advice and feel sorry for her. It's like she pressumes because I'm not poor or haven't been bullied before or have 'nice' parents that I have absolutly no problems in life what so ever. And then she has the audacity to say that she knows everything about me and I'm always happy. HOW FUCKING IGNORANT. And once in a blue moon she might ask 'what's wrong, you don't look happy' after she's had a visit to the optitions... either that or her pedestal went in for repairs.

It's all about her. No one else matters. No one has feelings but her so that makes it perfectly okay for her to annoy other people but as soon as someone annoys her the world explodes. As long as she can have a fucking derpy laugh at something everything is hunky dory. What? I've hurt your feelings? LOL

She's been pushing it since we got back after the summer. Today I totally lost it. I've told her countless times to her face exactly what I think of her and how bloody inconsiderate she is (to the response of 'nah am not'). I tell her at least once a week she's that annoying. And all she does evertime I say it is laugh that same fucking derpy laugh. It won't sink through her thick skull that other people have feelings that she has absolutly no respect for. You'd think after being bullied in school she'd have a pretty firm grasp of that by now.

Anway, so today she was sat eating crisps and anything but plain crisps in public make me run a mile. She's quite aware of that, so what does she do? turn around and touch the jeggings I was wearing, which she is equally aware I was going to take back to the shop, and leave crisp dust and probably a load of greasy shit and god knows what else since I've never seen her wash her hands in the 2 years I've known her on them. She knows all too well that I get incredibly distressed at anything germy or food crumbs/excess. But I have no feelings and it was apparently hilarious in la la land, so what the hell, right?
So of course I went into melt down and became a comedian because laughing at someone in a distressed state putting antibaterial wipes and hand gel their leg is clearly totally okay. I mean, it's practically a free stand up comedy show. And after I'd delt with the contamination I punched her in the face. It sounds extreme, but I honestly would have quite happily jumped infront of a bus at this point. And to add fuel to the fire SHE LAUGHED. WHAT KIND OF SCUMBAG LAUGHS AT THEIR DISTRESSED 'FRIEND' PUNCHING THEM IN THE FACE?!?!?! I CANNOT COMPREHEND HOW THAT DIDN'T GIVE OUT THE MESSAGE OF YOUR A TOTAL WASTE OF LIFE. BE MORE CONSIDERATE. I very very rarely get voilent, I'm generally quite good at restraining myself, but I in total disbelief at what happened today. I was in the same lesson as her at the time, so I sat with my back to her and ignored everything. And of course, she took that as 'Michelle is the happiest person on the planet... LOL'.

Oh, and she also loves to joke about my constant death threats and enjoys the hobby of joking that I self-harm and calling me an emo. She doesn't know that it's actually true, so I can kind of forgive her for that. Not that knowing the truth would make it serious or anything... She'd probably laugh if I told her I had cancer, my parents had died and I'd just barely survived a house fire.

I'm at a loss... everything I have tried has no effect on her what so ever, and results in people thinking I'm an inconsiderate bitch... the irony. I have no choice but to be around her, and my form tutor wonders why I don't like going to college

“There are wounds that never show on the body that are deeper and more hurtful than anything that bleeds.”

(#2 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Robin

Re: 'Friend' is driving me insane - November 9th 2013, 08:12 PM

Why do you have to be around her? If it's because you were assigned to be her partner or forced to sit next to her during lectures, I imagine you can lodge a complaint and have things switched up. Punching her was absolutely not okay, just as what she is doing to you is not okay. Spending a single second more with her is bad for your mental well-being, and apparently bad for her physical well-being as well. Sometimes, you need to stop making excuses for people, and realize they're probably narcissists or sociopaths. Get away from her as soon as possible, and don't be afraid to employ your school's assistance.

Closed Thread