TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Drummer
Not a n00b

Name: Christine

Unhappy what do i do? - April 28th 2009, 02:51 AM

well...last nite i called one of my friends and i told her that i did somethin rly stupid and well...it was abut drinkin some beer and well, she totally went off on me and we and now, she isnt talkin to me anymore and she is kinda tryin to make my other friends turn their backs on me too...wut do i do now? she was a really really good friend and well, she didnt get this made at me for cuttin...*sighs* i dont know what to do anymore...and besides that...my family really keeps yellin, screamin, blamin everything on me...takin my younger sister's side all the time, yellin at little kids and my baby brother...*sigh* its to the point i dont wanna live here anymore...plz help me...

Whenever things go wrong, I ask why this had to happen to me....

Is life ever truly worth living without a meaning?

Love's not a fight, but it's something worth fighting for.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
xoxragus Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Deni

Re: what do i do? - April 28th 2009, 03:09 AM

Hey Christine!

Sorry to hear about your friend going off on you like that. Maybe she just got freaked because she didn't want to get into alcohol either and was scared that you'd influence her to. Or maybe she's one of those friends that just don't like sticking through tough times in life. I could be totally wrong but this is just what I'm getting from what you told us. Give her some time to maybe realize she overreacted a bit. Leave her be for a while and then maybe confront her and try and fix things between you and whoever else stops talking to you.

Also, I know how you must feel about your family always yelling. Mine does too. Try and stay calm when everyone else is yelling. It's hard, trust me, I know but try your best. Do they know you drank some beer and/or cut? If so, they are probably just upset that their daughter is getting into things that they don't like. Sometimes, your family might get even angrier if they see you are trying to stay calm. If you have to, wait until the right moment to go to your room and let your family calm down before you come out. But don't do when they are yelling/talking to you or anything, that'll just set them off more.

Sorry if I didn't really help. I've never really had to deal with problems involving alcohol and cutting but I hope I helped even a microscopic bit. :P

I find I always have to write something on a steamed mirror. ~Elaine Dundy

Closed Thread