TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
monkey01 Offline
trying to be strong
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Chantelle

Exclamation In shock - December 3rd 2013, 01:10 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of rape or abuse, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I don't even know what to do I found out my parents are getting a divorce after 20 years of marriage. My dad abused my boyfriends older brother when my dad was 20 something and the kid was 9ish 10ish. My dad is probably going to jail I'm just in shock I don't know what to do I feel so depressed and so many emotions al at once I can't handle this. Please help. PM me if you want to know more

There is always someone who cares about you. It may not seem like it but there is. I can promise you that much.
  Send a message via MSN to monkey01  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Chris Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Chris

Re: In shock - December 3rd 2013, 06:51 PM

Hey there, Chantelle!

It sounds like alot of things are going wrong right now - and I'm sorry to hear about that. In regards to your father's situation, you can't really change what is going to happen. Just understand the following:
-He made the choice to hurt someone else; and ultimately needs to pay the price for it. Abuse is not something to take lightly. And if he did abuse someone in some way, then that's a situation that needs to get dealt with quickly.
-You're not responsible for the marriage. Unfortunately sometimes you love someone for days, weeks, months, or even years, but then the love begins to fade. Or sometimes, you fool yourself into thinking you love that person, and realize you don't. Whatever be the case, the point is they obviously no longer care or love for each other, and they feel it best to be separated.

The river of emotions you're experiencing with all this change, and unfortunately situations/issues are most definitely normal. Now the real question is how are you dealing with these emotions? Sure, you can't change the issues/situations much, but you can change how you handle your feelings and emotions. My recommendation is continue to blog, write in a journal, create some art, go workout (e.g., running, walking, stretching, yoga, etc), learn to play an instrument, meditate or continue with religious activities, etc. All these things may allow you to clear your mind, and release your stored up emotions/feelings which in turn will create (and maintain) a better and healthier environment for yourself.

Best wishes,
Chris

Chris
I hope you know that you deserve it all. The best, the most honest, the most beautiful purest love in the world. Not only to be loved by others, but to be loved by yourself. To look in the mirror and think "Yes, I'm exactly who I want to be". To speak up and be proud of yourself. To be brave and open. You deserve the nicest and most caring people to walk into your life. You deserve it all, you know. The whole world...

(#3 (permalink)) Old
monkey01 Offline
trying to be strong
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Chantelle

Re: In shock - December 10th 2013, 01:03 PM

Found out Friday he abused my little brother too my little brother told me Friday morning how could someone do that to there own kid when they are supposed to protect them

There is always someone who cares about you. It may not seem like it but there is. I can promise you that much.
  Send a message via MSN to monkey01  
Closed Thread