TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Lindsey98 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Lindsey

My dad - August 25th 2014, 03:04 AM

I know my problems with my father aren't severe but I just need to rant.

It started from the time when I was small he verbally abused me making weight comments or being sarcastic to where the point that he's not. He constantly and started this again recently being mad at my mother for things she didn't do or doesn't know what she did to make him mad.

It makes me sad because I constantly act as a buffer between my parents and they want me to choose who's right and I hate the pressure. My dad refuses to get a job after he got laid off six years ago. This puts so much stress on my mom as the sole provider.

Just about an hour ago my dad started yelling at my family because he got a notification that our data was 65% used even though our data is refilled in three days. He gets mad at little things.

It's frustrating also because I have to spend the most time with my dad because I'm the only one he won't stay mad at. He feels best connected to me i don't know why.

I hate all of his shit and excuses

(#2 (permalink)) Old
luckiicloverxx Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Kyra

Re: My dad - August 25th 2014, 03:23 AM

Hey there Lindsey,

Have you talked to your dad about how you feel about the way he's acting? Being the person that he doesn't stay mad at, you're in quite a good position to talk to him about it. Let him know how all these things makes you feel (your mum as well when you're talking about being the buffer between them), and you guys might be able to work something out.

Feel free to message me whenever!

Kyra
  Send a message via Skype™ to luckiicloverxx 
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: My dad - August 25th 2014, 03:33 AM

Hey there,

Would it be possible for you to try talking to your dad about your concerns? He might get mad at first but it might open his eyes to the things you are feeling and help him realize how much stress all of this is putting on you. You could try talking to both of your parents about the fact that they should not be putting you in the middle of their arguments. Let them know that it is hard on you and you feel as though it puts a lot of pressure on you. The best way to try and work on this is by communicating with your parents.

Something else you could try doing is using distractions to try and avoid the fights and other stressors that you are having to deal with. Try listening to music, going and hanging out with friends, playing video games, and stuff like that. Sometimes when you are dealing with stressful things using distractions can be really helpful.

I really hope that this helped and I am wishing you the best of luck.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

Closed Thread