TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Not a n00b

Name: Malik

I don't feel comfortable at home anymore, and also because of a threat of abuse - September 21st 2014, 12:56 AM

For one thing, my parents seriously GROUNDED me just because I told them that, based off of a severely heartbreaking incident that happened online last December, I had some serious difficulty surviving. There was very little misconduct occurring on the night of August 24th when they grounded me.

This was all because of only one thing on the night of August 24th when I asked my parents to comfort me one night but they couldn't because they were too tired, even though they usually stay up later than that, and this time my dad had to go to work and I got in trouble for that. My dad rarely goes to work on Monday, and he usually works in the afternoon on Tuesdays, and rarely the morning. And about 50 percent of the time he stays up until the single digit lateness at night watching movies. And I said I was so depressed I didn't want to live anymore and I got in huge trouble and they will no longer allow me to tell them about my depression. This summer was so bad, August in particular.

This most recent summer break was long and tedious as well as scary and creepy. My house is no longer a house, it feels like a dungeon because I was twice as depressed the entire 10 weeks with no one to reach out to the entire time because I would talk to people at school about a heartbreaking incident.

My dad's job used to be that he worked the most around June or July or so, traditionally as of 2011 when he first started working there so this is new. And it is so much that today is a Saturday and he still had to work and he does not have time to do a lot of grocery shopping.

I also feel severely uncomfortable and scared around my dad. He said something that was very much verbal abuse. This is also the first time I have been in major trouble in over 4 years! He had been harassing me about minor injuries and making me uncomfortable about them during the time I was grounded and he would not stop bothering me about it even if I told him it made me uncomfortable, and he does not even care that I am almost 18.

They took away my phone from Aug. 24 through Sept. 1, which is a week, and then they are still mad at me and loss of additional privileges even after the original ones from my grounding was up. But they originally planned on grounding me from it for life. My parents became so disciplinary over this very minor misbehavior which was indirectly disturbing the house, and it wasn't that late at night; it was only about 10:00 pm or so when they first began to be tired, which was unusually early compared to when they usually go to bed, and at the time I was allowed to stay up until about 12:30 or so. All I did was ask one or the other to comfort me that night, and beg them pretty please to do so, but they were too lazy to only because of being tired earlier than usual, and I literally got grounded for that.

My mother also tried to smash my phone to pieces with a hammer, something she has never done before even when I had been in big trouble. My younger brother tried to help and thought it was awful of her to smash a cell phone - which was very expensive and a Christmas gift I got in December 2012 - but then she tried to hit him with the hammer as well. That is the physical threat of abuse to my brother because it made both me and my brother cry and scared. I have no one to report this to, being grounded basically for feeling depressed, and then threatening to hit someone with a hammer. I am scared at home.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: I don't feel comfortable at home anymore, and also because of a threat of abuse - September 23rd 2014, 04:34 AM

Hey there,

I hope you are doing alright. I honestly feel like you need to report this to someone. I know that you are in a complicated situation but if your parents are threatening you with hammers and stuff like that you need to work on figuring out a way to try and report the incident to the police or social services so that you can work on getting into a safer environment. Is there any way that you can get out of the house without your parents knowing?

Something else I would suggest is that you work on trying to become more financially independent. Maybe you could look into getting a job or something like that. If you have financial dependence you might be able to work on getting out of the house and into a safer environment.

I really hope that this helped in some way and I am wishing you the best of luck.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

Closed Thread