TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
XXCassXX Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Cassidy

Angry True friends stab you in the front - September 28th 2015, 02:47 AM

Why does almost every f*** friend I ever make have to stab me in the f*** back?!?!?! "You can run but you hide time won't help you karma has no deadline" Bring Me the Horizon

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Hypothesis. Offline
Not significant.

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Dez

Re: True friends stab you in the front - September 28th 2015, 02:53 AM

Hey,

I have moved this to Friends and Family because this post is about friends, rather than a partner.

I am so sorry to hear that this is happening to you though. You honestly do not deserve to get stabbed in the back.

Do you think that you can talk to these friends and let them know how you feel and how hurtful it is that you keep on getting stabbed in the back like that? Maybe the two of you can sit down and talk about what is going on.

I'd try and join clubs and social groups to meet new friends who may not do this to you though. Maybe you can find people with common interests, and eventually build up trust with them. It's not something that happens overnight, but maybe you will make friends who won't do this to you.

You are an amazing person, regardless of what anyone does.

-Dez

(#3 (permalink)) Old
XXCassXX Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Cassidy

Re: True friends stab you in the front - September 28th 2015, 10:46 PM

Ok thanks. I didn't see that was an option for whatever reason. It's just been multiple people throughout my life, no one over and over again. I leave before that can happen. It just really makes me mad, because this particular friend always talks about how people are soooo fake and it's soooo annoying. I'm not positive, but I think he's dating my sister behind my back. I just can't believe he wouldn't tell me that. I thought we were better friends than that. I haven't said anything though, because like I said I'm not totally sure if that's actually going on.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount11

Edit avatar

Re: True friends stab you in the front - October 3rd 2015, 08:22 PM

Hi, Cassidy.

Sounds like things are frustrating in your life right now so I'm sorry you're dealing with this. Feeling as your friends may only stab you in the back later could understandably make you hesitant to become close to them. What may help is to make new friends and slowly share things with them. It can be small things here and there leading up to bigger things so that you can slowly build your trust and be sure they're trustworthy.

As for your friend possibly dating your sister - can you bring that up with him? You don't have to accuse him of dating your sister or express any anger so that he feels attacked; you can simply ask if he has feelings for your sister and share what indicated that for you. He is your friend therefore it's okay to politely ask him about things you're concerned about to give him a chance to explain things. Plus, clearing this up could help improve your friendship with him assuming he is honest with you. I imagine he'd appreciate your calm approach. On that note, you could also make the same approach to your sister.

No matter what happens, remember that you can always reach out here for support when you're having a hard time. I hope things work out well for you though.

Closed Thread