Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

  • Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
Not a n00b
DaggersAndDaiseys's Avatar
Name: Bree
Age: 21
Gender: Female
Location: FarAway

Posts: 56
Join Date: September 16th 2012

So - October 20th 2015, 01:52 AM

So I've made tons of posts about family bs. I'm done. I don't care if everything I have ever said about my mom has an explanation and I'm being a kid, she has never told me any reason for her actions, so I'm done. I need to get out, and I need help. I don't have my birth certificate or social security because she lost it and won't order another one or retrieve it. I need help on how to get out without completely screwing up my chances of getting those documents or not being allowed to see my siblings. If I ask counsellors they will start drama and call the cops or child services and all that and guess what, that does NOT help me get away from her it makes it worse for me and my siblings. So how do I legally get out while stepping on eggshells? Please any suggestions I'm willing to listen

If it is meant to be, it will be.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
cynefin Offline

TeenHelp Veteran
cynefin's Avatar
Age: 21
Gender: Female
Location: 1261'

Posts: 10,129
Blog Entries: 1596
Join Date: August 25th 2012

Re: So - October 21st 2015, 04:46 AM

I definitely understand where you're coming from in that talking to a counselor or anyone of high authority will make your home life a lot worse than it already is. I know your mom would have to be notified if you talked to anyone with the responsibility of reporting things, and parents generally do not have good reactions. I know in some cases, if it is unsafe for the parents to be notified or if they are the cause of the issues, they will not be notified. If you do ever decide to talk to a counselor or someone else do keep this in mind.

I honestly do not know how you can legally go about this without harming the chances of seeing your siblings or getting any of the documents you need. You can legally do this when you are eighteen but I can see why you feel like you need to leave now. Maybe you can do some research on emancipation? Do you know of anyone you can stay with? Maybe a family member you're close with that will not inform your mom, or a friend?

Articles & Resources Officer|Lead Moderator|Senior Newsletter Editor
The mountains are calling and I must go.

They whispered to her
you cannot withstand the storm
she whispered back
i am the storm.
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All material copyright 1998-2020, TeenHelp.
Terms | Legal | Privacy | Conduct | Complaints | Mobile

Powered by vBulletin®.
Copyright ©2000-2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search engine optimization by vBSEO.
Theme developed in association with vBStyles.