TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
The Doctors Wolf
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Moon

Question im so alone and confused - November 3rd 2015, 12:25 AM

So ive had this weird mutation or what not my whole life. I act like a wolf. Im called a therian. I growl howl whine bark run stalk animals and am wild. Im also a christian. My parents found out when they saw my instagram profile.they are now very very worried and upset. They told me that God doesnt make people that way. I told them it wasnt a superhuman thing just part of the amazing human mind. Iv tried to supress it to push it away but im stuck with it. I try for my parents becwuse i love them and God. But its not going away. Today i had my first phantok shift. Its when i feel ears tail or some sort of imaginary limb thats not actually there. I kept feeling a tail bump my legs. Tbis is something i have to live with and my parents it worree them. What do i do? Just be me? Or hide it hide what i truly feel. Im so confused.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
JazzyJazz Offline
Associate HelpLINK Mentor
Regular TeenHelper

Re: im so alone and confused - November 3rd 2015, 12:40 AM

I can understand your parents being worried and upset, because it's not a hugely common phenomenon, but I kinda want to say it's their own fault for looking at your Instagram profile (which I'm guessing you didn't want them to find).

I'm sorry that you've been outed involuntarily and that you're now in an awkward situation. My best advice is to not worry too much about what your parents think and instead focus on your own feelings.

Is this something that you are comfortable with? Or would you rather it was a part of you that didn't exist?

Be kind to yourself.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
The Doctors Wolf
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: im so alone and confused - November 3rd 2015, 12:44 AM

Yeah i didnt want them to see it. They took my phone and went through it. And both i hate it and i love it. I love being different and having a wild side. But when things like this happen i hate being different when we talked i felt stupid and embarrassed. I want their trust back and i feel guilty even talking about it on here but i need help and advice

(#4 (permalink)) Old
JazzyJazz Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Re: im so alone and confused - November 3rd 2015, 12:51 AM

I don't necessarily think you should feel like you have broken their trust. It's not like you have to tell your parents absolutely everything and you didn't lie to them. You kept it from them for their own sake, because you knew this would be the reaction.

Please don't feel bad for being like this. Saying that God doesn't make people therian is like saying he doesn't make them homosexual. It happens and there is no point in beating yourself up about it.

I think that if you are feeling guilty about not telling them, you should sit down with them and explain why you didn't. Get them to see it from your point of view, rather than theirs. They probably feel like it's difficult for them to deal with, but it's not exactly easy for you either. Let them know that you have mixed feelings about being therian, but that you have always felt this way and it's not just a cry for attention.

Be kind to yourself.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
The Doctors Wolf
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: im so alone and confused - November 3rd 2015, 12:55 AM

Thanks yeah i tried i told.them what i felt and they said they wouldnt support me acting liee a dog and that i needed to stop

(#6 (permalink)) Old
JazzyJazz Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Re: im so alone and confused - November 3rd 2015, 01:08 AM

I don't think it's helpful that they telling you to stop, because it's clearly not something you feel like you can control. Have you explained this to them?

When they say "acting like a dog", it's not like you are peeing on the carpet or eating from a dog bowl. I'm guessing you save your canine behaviours for times when you are alone. Therefore it doesn't even affect them.

Also, they don't necessarily have to support you. My parents don't support all of my life choices and it's the same for most families.

If I were you, I'd continue as you were before and in time they will probably stop thinking about it.

Be kind to yourself.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
The Doctors Wolf
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: im so alone and confused - November 3rd 2015, 01:25 AM

Yeah and thanks yeah i don pee on the carpet or use a dog bowl i used to wear a tail but when they found out they took it away

(#8 (permalink)) Old
JazzyJazz Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Re: im so alone and confused - November 3rd 2015, 01:44 AM

You mentioned counselling in your other thread and this is something you could talk to them about.

Your mom might even be more proactive in getting you a counsellor if you said you were willing to talk about this. She would probably assume that the counsellor would encourage you to stop, but that's not the case. Instead, having a counsellor would just give you the opportunity to discuss the complications you are currently experiencing and try to find some solutions.

Be kind to yourself.

(#9 (permalink)) Old
The Doctors Wolf
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: im so alone and confused - November 3rd 2015, 02:24 AM

Yeah maybe

Closed Thread