TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Notsure Offline
Average Joe

Name: Sam

A dilemma - November 26th 2015, 12:06 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

This post could be slightly triggering, so i've used the prefix just in case.

I have no good friends irl. All my good friends i met through a game i used to play. We still use the forum and Kik to chat. Unfortunately dont see much for me there anymore. We dont talk too much and if we do its just "hi how are you" normally. It can be fun sometimes and its rarely triggering. I dont see my self making more friends there, or improving the friendships i already have. So i dont see much point in staying but i see no point in leaving. So i'll stay there. I also dont feel like i connect to them much anymore, even though not much has changed. Something happened which i think may be having a large affect on me without me being consciously aware of it. I'd prefer to talk about this in PM with someone though.

Does anyone have any advice on what i should do? Should i try and become better friends? What should i talk about? For example.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount11

Edit avatar

Re: A dilemma - November 26th 2015, 08:45 PM

Hey!

Not having good friends in real life must be rather tough. Are you currently in school or do you have a job? That could be an effective way to meet new people and hopefully make good friends. Volunteer work could be a good way to meet others as well. Throughout life you'll stumble upon people whom you'll share common interests with.

Whether or not you become better friends with this person is up to you. Are they interested in building a stronger and closer friendship? That is a topic I suggest exploring. Explain you'd like to be better friends with them because they seem like a kind person. From there, make efforts to start a conversation more often and give them space to do so on their own as well. I suppose you could talk about trivial things right at first. Such as your hobbies, musical/TV/Movie interests, pets, places you have been or would like to see etc. Ask them questions about themselves that you are curious about. Questions that allow you to learn more about them and likewise.

Overall, my advice is to explore - see if it is possible to develop a close friendship with this person. If not, at least you tried and you have no regrets, you know? Letting a potentially good friendship pass you by without even trying can be a situation leading to a lot of regrets in the future. Just do your best not to get extremely emotionally invested until you know the person is a good, trust-worthy friend.

As for something happening to you, I'm sorry to hear that. Do you want to PM me? You're welcome to talk about it if you're comfortable, and I'll do my best to help in any sort of way I can. Either way, I don't mind listening if it'd help to simply open up about it.

Closed Thread