TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
itsF Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Made a mistake. - February 13th 2016, 06:43 PM

Yesterday I was sleeping at one of my friends houses w/ 2 others. There were 4 of us in total. Around 8ish one of the friends suggested we should go on a walk. We were all down apart from the host of the sleepover so we stayed until he was decided to ask his mum who was at work. She said we couldn't leave the house. But one of the friends, we will call him Mark, was getting really agitated and worked up in the house. I decided to keep him happy and prevent arguments I would go on a walk with him. As a joke I said shall we go ding dong ditch another friends house everyone laughed and I said nah we shouldn't it's late everyone will be asleep. Baring in mind it is around 11/11:30pm now. So me and Mark went out and we started heading to the friends house and I was like everyone asleep we shouldnt do it, it's just rude. So I messaged the friend Mark was willing to ding dong ditch telling him to come to his door. So when we arrived he was there and we had a chat and then me and Mark walked back to the sleep over. However, on the way out Mark rang the friends doorbell and started running.

Now today his Dad has messaged both me and Mark on facebook and I'm really over thinking the consequences. The friend Mark ding dong ditched told me not to respond to his Dad, so I blocked his Dad. But I really feel like I need to explain my side of the story and apologize but I don't want to snitch on Mark.

Last edited by Celyn; February 13th 2016 at 07:00 PM. Reason: Moving to Friends and Family :)

(#2 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Made a mistake. - February 15th 2016, 06:59 AM

Hey,

If you are that worried about it then you should tell the dad what happened and explain your side of the story. I think that it is understandable that you want to explain things and are worrying about the consequences. I think I would feel the same way as you.

If you are close to your parents you could always talk to them about what happened and get their opinion on how to handle the situation. They would probably be able to give you some decent advice and help you figure out what the best course of action to take is.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Not a n00b

Name: Everly

Re: Made a mistake. - February 18th 2016, 03:10 AM

It's ding dong ditch. The only consequences that come from it are a lecture from parents, and if the people whose door bell you rang call the cops, then you'll get a lecture from them as well. It's not a big deal. If his dad confront you and asks you about it, play dumb and tell him you don't know what he's talking about it. Chances are he won't confront you about it. Don't bring it up to him. Don't feel as if you need to explain anything to him.
Like I said, ding dong ditch isn't a crime and it's something that's just really annoying. Just don't do it again just for the simple fact that you're stressed out about having done it.
Btw, if someone ding dong ditched my house, I'd chase after them and yell at them for doing it.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Always * Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Made a mistake. - February 20th 2016, 08:08 PM

As said, ding dong ditch isn't exactly a crime. The consequences might include being grounded for being irresponsibly silly or getting a lecture, but I wouldn't worry too much about the seriousness. That said, I don't think that his dad should be calling you up to yell at you - he probably just wanted to tell you off, but personally I don't think he should be yelling at someone else's kid. If he still cares, he can call your parents and bring it up with them. I'm sure he'll calm down and forget about because, again, it was just ding dong ditch and hardly a criminal offense.

Feel free to PM me if you ever need to chat or have questions

Closed Thread