TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
skunkfriends Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: idk

Thumbs down fuuuuck - February 26th 2016, 02:35 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

hold on to yr hats! it's gonna be a long one.
im mostly posting this to vent.

so there are two main people involved: b and a, and then the friend group
a has depression and is just generally really sad
b was always kind of sketchy and we've had a few fights before. about 4 months ago A messaged the skype group (b wasnt in it) and A was like "holy shit look what me and b are talking about" and their convo was basically like
A: what if i took to many pills in the bathroom and passed out
B: I would call and ambulance or some shit and then you could get help
So obviously fucked up. the friend group (including me) was like holy shit please dont do that im scared i dont trust b. and it went on for about 3 hours and A wouldnt send ANY photos of their convo, but B sent some. so after this we completly shut out B, we didnt talk to him for 4 months and avoided him at all costs, which was kind of weird since hes dating our mutual friend. so a few weeks ago me and my friend g were like ?? what the fuck actually happened lets make a group chat with B and talk about it. so we all talked about it and learned that b is dealing with some heavy shit and A lied about so much stuff. so B was falsely accused and we all like shut him out and i feel so fucking bad. im probably not going to be friends with b again just because when i stopped being friends with him i realised that he was actually a pretty bad friend aside from what happened. but yeah im really upset at a she fucked it all up i know i sound like a huge bitch but?? yeah. also ever since i met her she made me so uncomfortable and she was really romantic with me even though i told her i only like her as a friend. once we were all hanging out and i had to go catch my bus and she told everyone "aw man i was about to kiss her!" her being me and like???? buddy no fuck off im not into you like that?? who does that. and she used to always carry me around and call me princess and its just GROSS BACK OFF! anyways im never going to talk to her again because i dont need people like that in my life
sorry that this was really long also i dont know the point of posting this but yeah. my hands hurt now lmao.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: fuuuuck - February 26th 2016, 05:47 AM

Okay if you don't feel comfortable around b back way. Tell her that she makes you way to uncomfortable even after you told her to stop.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Always * Offline
I can't get enough

Re: fuuuuck - February 26th 2016, 10:40 PM

To me, it sounds like A blew things out of proportion. If B knew A was going to try to commit suicide, then the right thing to do is to call the ambulance. I had to do the same to a friend who kept threatening to kill himself. I'd get really upset and try to talk him down only then he'd do it again and again. Finally, I couldn't take it any more. I had my own problems and couldn't keep acting as his therapist. I told him if he seriously planned to commit suicide, I had no choice but to call the cops / ambulance and send them to his home for his own safety. I think he realized how serious what he was saying was and finally seemed to get help. Sometimes that's just what you have to do. It would be horrible to know your friend was contemplating it and that all you did was tell them it'll be ok. If they genuinely wanted to do it, I know I'd never forgive myself having that knowledge and not doing what I could to protect them. So with the example of what B did to A, I think that B probably meant well and just let his problems make it come out wrong.

With A, I totally understand needing to move on if she's known to be a liar and overall crummy friend now. These things happen. Just because you can empathize with or understand what causes someone's bad behaviour doesn't mean you should have to tolerate them making you feel bad or treating you wrongly or anything. At some point, only to be determined by you, enough is enough and that's ok.

Feel free to PM me if you ever need to chat or have questions

(#4 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: fuuuuck - February 27th 2016, 04:19 AM

I don't understand why you all got upset with B in the first place? If he was concerned that A was going to kill herself then the best course of action would have been to call the police/ambulance and get help for her.

If neither of these people are good friends than that is understandable. But, you could always try talking to them about your concerns and see if it can be resolved. But, friendships grow and change as you get older and sometimes they don't last. So, if you lose these friends that doesn't make it a bad thing. It just means that you have all grown apart.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Always * Offline
I can't get enough

Re: fuuuuck - February 27th 2016, 05:51 PM

Quote:
I don't understand why you all got upset with B in the first place? If he was concerned that A was going to kill herself then the best course of action would have been to call the police/ambulance and get help for her.
^^ This from Breaking Beautifully. Exactly my thoughts.

Feel free to PM me if you ever need to chat or have questions

Closed Thread