TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Eesha123 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Eesha

My mum took my phone again :( - April 19th 2016, 07:54 PM

My mum got into a massive arguement and then she was literally screaming and trying to snatch my phone off me. Shes now angry at me and Im literally so scared that im crying right now because she might see me and my friends conversation on whatsapp aboutour crushes and start getting mad at me and never trust me again shes not the gentle type, she starts arguements with everyone and thats why I feel uneasy around her all the time . My dad is used to her arguing with him all the time and Im really scared. Before there was an incident where sexual language was used and ever since she doesnt trust me and I said to her I wont do it again but shes doesnt trust anyone. Im literally so scared Im trying to use the online instagram to message my friend to try and tell her to delete the convo Guys what do I do if she sees my convos with my friend about boys? What do I do if she starts screaming at me? She saying she will take me back to Pakistan and im honestly so scared what do I do?
Im never talking to my friends about boys ever again on my phone, thats for sure. I had 20% on my phone and my phone has autolock after 30 seconds so do u guys think she'll be able to get into my phone??

Last edited by Hypothesis.; April 20th 2016 at 04:01 AM. Reason: Moving thread to appropriate forum - you'll get better advice here :)

(#2 (permalink)) Old
cynefin Offline
Verbal venom.

TeenHelp Addict

Re: My mum took my phone again :( - April 20th 2016, 05:29 AM

I'm not sure if she'll be able to get into your phone. If your mom asks to see your phone, I think it is best for you to give it to her easily to show her that you have nothing to hide. If you argue with her about it, or try to delete things, it can make it look like you're trying to hide something and that might upset her more than she already is.

Talking about crushes is a normal thing to do and I don't see the harm in it. I can understand why your mom would feel differently, though. If she asks you about it, just be honest with her. Since this makes you nervous, though, I think you'd benefit from talking to your friends about certain things in another way.

What do you and your mom argue about? If she starts getting upset, it might help for you to tell her that you'd like to talk after you two have some time to cool down. Leaving a conversation and coming back to it might help prevent either of you from saying things you'll regret.

If you're close enough to your dad, try to lean on him for support whenever you get the chance to.

Articles & Resources Officer|Lead Moderator|Senior Newsletter Editor
The mountains are calling and I must go.
1941-2016

Nature does not rush, yet everything is accomplished
-Lao Tzu
Memories made in the mountains stay in our hearts forever
Move the body, quiet the mind

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Eesha123 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Eesha

Re: My mum took my phone again :( - April 20th 2016, 07:31 PM

Thank you I've told my dad and he understands. Thank you for the advice

Closed Thread