TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
star_crossd Offline
Color Me Chaotic
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Sam

Grow the f*ck up. - May 18th 2009, 02:31 AM

This will just be a rant, sorry.

Okay, I was having a really nice day but my mom, of course, ruins it. Of course. We seem destined to tear each other apart. All I did was remind her that tomorrow night, my track team is having an end-of-the-season banquet--something I told her about last week. One of the things that drive me absolutely crazy about her is that she does not know when to be serious and when to act like a fucking adult. I'm talking to her as an adult and she just whines and moans about everything she has to do, she doesn't want to, wah wah.

That pisses me off. When my brother was at an actual school (he goes to an alternative one now because he always screws up in a regular school) and was on the basketball team, my parents to EVERY SINGLE game....and for what? To watch him sit on the sidelines because he's ineligible. But for the entire track season, we only have 2 home meets and they never went to either of them. Sorry but I work hard in school AND track means a lot to me but they don't give a shit enough to come to my meets. Fuck you.

And because I told her straight up that she needs to grow up and I'm trying to talk to her like an adult, she gets all defensive and angry and starts going on and on about everything she has to do, etc. Note: she does this so many times, I no longer give a fuck. Its always a pity party with her. Yes, we know how much you do. She wants us to bow down and worship it all. Well we fucking won't, I fucking won't. She bitches about these things so much, they no longer mean a thing.

God I can't wait to fucking get my own car, get my own job, and move the fuck out of this place.

So thats about, I'm just blowing off some steam. Sorry bout all that.

Yesterday I saw you kissing tiny flowers
But everything that lives is born to die
And so I say to you that nothing really matters
And all you do is stand and cry.

Music is life. Start living.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Strider Offline
Tash-la
I've been here a while

Name: Nat

Re: Grow the f*ck up. - May 18th 2009, 03:24 AM

Hey Sam,

No worries about the rant! It's important to blow of some steam now and again, and it sounds like you deserved some time for that. Parents can be really annoying that way, and I don't think it's fair at all that they didn't put in an effort to go your your meets.

I think it was a good thing that you gave your mom a piece of your mind. Arguments are not always a good idea, but I think it's really important that you share your feelings with your mom and let her know how important these things are for you. It's understandable that she would get defensive, but at least she knows how you feel about how she's acting. Even parents need a wake up call now and again.

There are some alternatives for getting places if your mom doesn't feel in the mood to drive you. Is there any way you could car pool with someone else going to the meets or banquets? If there's anyone who lives in your area that might be able to give you al lift, then I think it would be a good idea to ask. Also, the bus is your friend in these circumstances. Check online schedules and find out if there is a bus running at the time you need to go to your banquet. I find they are an easy way to get around when you're in a pinch.

Try not to feel too down that your parents don't go to your meets. It really is a shame that they aren't putting in the effort, but do your best to invite them still. It's their loss if they don't go. Invite along a group of friends too. Friends are always a supportive back up in these cases.

Nat.

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/40/signaturep.png
The great artists of our time are the ones who created something timeless. But it was never them defining it that way.
Everyone has a story. What's yours?

(#3 (permalink)) Old
star_crossd Offline
Color Me Chaotic
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Sam

Re: Grow the f*ck up. - May 18th 2009, 03:31 AM

Thanks Nat

Yeah, I might just get a ride from a friend if they don't want to go. A bus would be cool but we live on the outskirts of Tucson, so buses dont go out here

It just sucks because no matter what anybody says, it makes me feel angry and makes me feel like shit when they decide the things that matter to me are not worth their time. I think I more than deserve things like a simple ride to a banquet with my parents. I might suck at track but I still love it, I still do it. Why wouldn't they want to support me in that? I just can't help but think how much better of a parent I would be because I would actually want to go to my child's sporting events and functions.

Yesterday I saw you kissing tiny flowers
But everything that lives is born to die
And so I say to you that nothing really matters
And all you do is stand and cry.

Music is life. Start living.

Closed Thread