TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Rach_15 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Unhappy Help befriending a guy - November 2nd 2016, 11:41 PM

Hey y'all I now it sounds dumb, but I need advice on how to talk a guy. He is in three of my classes and we see each other everyday. He is a senior and I'm am a junior. Everyday I say to myself " I will say hi." But I don't. I'm have very low self-esteem and I'm shy. I just need advice on how to get the courage to say hi and start conversations with him so we can be friends. Also I see Bol hug other girls in my. Class and hey jealous. I want him to hug me also. Please help I am so desperate for ideas. I cry whenever I can't talk to him

(#2 (permalink)) Old
TheAtomicBlade Offline
Resident Sith
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Tortellini

Re: Help befriending a guy - November 3rd 2016, 01:33 AM

Ok,
First thing, just breathe. Look at him, and just say hi. Thats all you need to do. After that, very often the conversation starts and gets its own life, so you can ease a bit.
The low self-esteem and shyness must be hard, because they will be the little voice telling you thing you don't want to hear right. I know, because I have the same thing. Its scary, but what I like to do is, listen to some music that pumps me up. Perhaps that will work for you?
If that helps, and a conversation starts, and you want a hug, you could perhaps lean in for a hug? I don't know about other guys, but since I'm awkward, its easier for me when the girl initiates it. So perhaps do that?
Conversation doesn't have to be about anything deep. Maybe, you could ask him about some homework or a new concept your teacher introduced?
Hope this helps.
PM me if you wanna talk

PM me if you ever wanna talk. Send a message my way.
And remember, you matter. You're awesome. You're beautiful. Stay strong, the world will get better.

May The Force be With You.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
eeba Offline
HelpLINK Mentor

Junior TeenHelper

Name: Esmé

Re: Help befriending a guy - November 3rd 2016, 03:27 AM

Just to add on to the above response, you said that you have a few classes with this boy, so one thing you could try is to ask him a question or something about one of the classes you have together while you are in a different class, or like, "hey, wasn't that lecture in...this morning super interesting?" That might make you feel more connected because you can talk about experiences that you two have shared that don't apply to other people in the class, if that makes sense?

"All will be well when the day is done"
-Peter, Paul and Mary <3

Closed Thread