TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
broken.girl081 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Brooke

mothersday but no mother... - May 13th 2017, 03:19 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of death or grieving, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Hey. so this time of the year is really hard for me, because im a 14yr old girl whos mother chose drugs over her own daughter... her own DNA. How can someone do that? How will i be ok? help please...

Last edited by .Brittany.; May 16th 2017 at 08:43 PM. Reason: Moving to Friends and Family

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Ambedo. Offline
I'm as sane as I ever was.

Outside, huh?

Name: Sam

Re: mothersday but no mother... - May 13th 2017, 05:29 AM

Hey Brooklynn,

I'm so sorry to hear that Mother's Day is such a difficult time for you. I can't even imagine how you must feel thinking about the choices your mother made. Unfortunately, addiction is a beast and, if it takes hold, can greatly affect the choices that a person makes in negative ways. As much as it hurts, keep in mind that the choices your mother made have nothing to do with you. It's all part of a battle that it sounds like she hasn't begun to fight or is seriously struggling with.

Perhaps you could try to put a positive spin on this day by celebrating a woman in your life that HAS been there for you and has influenced your life in healthy ways. Is there an aunt or grandmother that you're particularly close to? If there is, consider spending the day with them and doing something to make them feel special and valued as a part of your life. If there isn't a family member that you have that kind of relationship with, perhaps you could make a card for a positive female role model in your life, such as a teacher or coach. I'm sure whoever you choose will feel very special for being thought of by you.

Take care,
Sammi

wanderlust consumed her;
foreign hearts & exotic minds compelled her.
she had a gypsy soul
and a vibrant heart for the unknown.
-d. marie

(#3 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount24

Edit avatar

Re: mothersday but no mother... - May 13th 2017, 01:07 PM

Brooklynn, I am so sorry Mother's Day is a difficult day for you. Like Sammi said, addiction can be a powerful thing and it severely impairs people's judgement. Remember, her drug addiction isn't about you. If you ever need to reach out to us about that, don't hesitate. You can also use LiveHelp or HelpLINK if you'd prefer some anonymity and/or privacy on the subject.

Anyways, is there a female figure in your life that you look up to? She doesn't necessarily have to be related to you by blood, but if there is an aunt, sister, grandmother, then do something for them. The way I see it, Mother's Day is really more to celebrate the positive female role model in our lives, whether or not they're a mother and related to us by DNA or a piece of paper.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Thinking Offline
Think, and solve problems!!
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Ivan

Re: mothersday but no mother... - May 13th 2017, 04:34 PM

Hi Brooklynn, I am so sorry to hear that

It must be very tough for you... But I hope you find the strength to get over this, okay? I really cannot imagine how sad you are right now...

Is there any siblings, friends or relatives whom you are close to? They can probably help you and comfort you in person during difficult days like these. But in the meantime, we also hope we can comfort you in some way to let you get over this tragic day for you. I am so sorry, but I hope you will feel better soon.

Sometimes when tragic incidents like this happens, its irreversible, and I understand why you feel so sad. But remember, you are strong, and you can cope with adversities. It is true that you shouldn't forget about important incidents like this even if its tragic, because she means a lot to you. But remember, there is happiness that you deserve to have, irregardless of the incident. That incident can be a scar, but it will only act as a reminder that you are a strong person and will get through this, don't let it hurt you and bring you to horrible depressions that you dont deserve!

I will not encourage nor discourage you to celebrate this day. Its your choice. You can either not celebrate it to remember that incident, or celebrate it with a female relative who is close to you like a mother. In any case, I hope that you will get over it. You are strong and can do this.

Do my best at everything I can to live a happy, perfect life.

Happy life won't come by being happy everyday. Struggle and always work hard.

Forgive other's imperfection, they will work hard about it once I point it out to them, just like what I should be doing.

On the other hand, never tolerate with my own mediocrity. Never slack and always strive improvement.

Never settle. Never give up.
  Send a message via Skype™ to Thinking 
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
broken.girl081 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Brooke

Re: mothersday but no mother... - May 14th 2017, 03:59 AM

thank you bunches sammi

(#6 (permalink)) Old
.Brittany. Offline
AKA Reckless Emotion

TeenHelp Addict

Name: Brittany

Re: mothersday but no mother... - May 16th 2017, 08:43 PM

Hi Brooklynn,

I'm really sorry to hear that you're going through this. Unfortunately I see it happen more often then what people think. I in fact see it almost every week. I'm really sorry that you're one of the ones who is going through it. I don't really have any words to say that will make things feel better.

I am also going to move this to the Family forum as I believe you may get more responses there.

I hope you start feeling better soon.

Stay Strong,
Brittany

“You are braver than you believe,
stronger than you seem,
and smarter than you think.”

HelpLINK Mentor | Live Help Mentor | Article Editor
Forum & Chat Moderator

Closed Thread