TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
bluryface Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

They hate me because of this - October 24th 2017, 10:19 AM

Hi ..
i want to talk about something happened few years ago but i'm scared if it happen again
you sure know that many girls talk about their boyfriends and relationships even in class .. but i don't have a boyfriend now and never had one
i think the reason is haven't found the right guy yet cause i'm not that kind of girl who talk with hundreds guys and have many boyfriends . and other reason is that i focus on study more than parties and showing up . yes i take care of myself .. i go to gym and i play guitar but i still think of study as the most important things. Anyway , i'm writing just to say this thing " ( girls in my class hates me now because they think that i'm lying to them .. they be like : Oh !! what the hell you're talking about we can't believe you .. there is no girl who don't has a boyfriend .!!!! .
after that .. they rarely talk to me unless they want me to help them in class or exams.
so what do you think ?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
cynefin Offline
Verbal venom.

TeenHelp Addict

Re: They hate me because of this - October 24th 2017, 12:02 PM

Hey,

Not everyone is currently dating and it is interesting that your friends do not believe that. Have you considered talking to them about how it’s making you feel? Maybe you could sit down with them and explain that you are certainly not lying about not having a boyfriend and that you’ll let them know if that changes.

If they only talk to you when they want something form you, such as help in class, it seems like they could be using you solely for that purpose. Do you feel comfortable saying no to them, or making up some kind of excuse so you don’t have to help them? Try not to feel obligated to help them out if you don’t want to.

All in all, if your friends dislike you because they think you’re lying about not having a boyfriend, perhaps these friends aren’t right or healthy for you. Maybe you can try to make new friendships.

Feel free to keep us updated.

Articles & Resources Officer|Lead Moderator|Senior Newsletter Editor
The mountains are calling and I must go.
1941-2016

Nature does not rush, yet everything is accomplished
-Lao Tzu
Memories made in the mountains stay in our hearts forever
Move the body, quiet the mind

(#3 (permalink)) Old
bluryface Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: They hate me because of this - October 24th 2017, 02:30 PM

Actually i don't really care about being liked by them .. but what really bothers me is how some people looks at a single person in a disgusting way . Does this happen everywhere ? or it's just in my area
-And it's painful to be called liar when just telling the truth !? oh by the way thanks for your reply !

(#4 (permalink)) Old
cynefin Offline
Verbal venom.

TeenHelp Addict

Re: They hate me because of this - October 24th 2017, 09:02 PM

It is good to hear that you don't care about what they think of you. It must be difficult to be looked at differently for being single. Maybe it happens more often than we know it does and it probably happens everywhere because there are ignorant people in many different parts of the world unfortunately.

It most definitely is painful to be called a liar when you're being truthful. It must be challenging to cope with that but one thing to think about is that you know the truth and no one has the ability to take that away from you.

Articles & Resources Officer|Lead Moderator|Senior Newsletter Editor
The mountains are calling and I must go.
1941-2016

Nature does not rush, yet everything is accomplished
-Lao Tzu
Memories made in the mountains stay in our hearts forever
Move the body, quiet the mind

Closed Thread