TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Nika_714 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Nika

The crush - November 14th 2017, 08:55 AM

So there is this guy, I've known him for three years now and I started having feelings for him. I am really trying to stop because I know there is no way a guy like him would like me (or any guy). But I can't get him out of my head, it's been hard because I know there is no point of liking a guy that could never like you back. Why is he always in my thoughts? When I eat, sleep, go to school he is always in my head. I know what people are going to say, "just ask him out" But the thing is I can't. For one, I am not allowed to date anyone till I finish high school also I don't want a boyfriend while I'm in school because education is more important then a boy... I think. I want to start off by being friends with him first and then build our relationship from there, but I'm scared that he will find someone else before I get the chance. I'm just so confused, I like him... A lot but I'm scared that if I become friends with him I will look desprate or too clingy. I really never met a guy like him before... He is funny, but he is mature, I have never seen him get mad, he has a nice heart, he has beautiful eyes and he is a Christian. Of course he isn't perfect, no one is but no matter how hard I try to not fall for him I can't and I don't know what to do. At first I was scared to text him but with the help of some friends I got the courage to text him and I mean it's going good but what should I do to make the conversation more interesting? I don't want to seem clingy, I just want to know him better and become friends. Am I doing the right thing? Should I become friends with him and take it from there or should I just try my best to forget about him? How should I act so that I won't seem clingy but still be myself? And is it possible for a guy like him to like me for who I am? Should I do this?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Sen Vanos Offline
That One Guy
Not a n00b

Name: Sen

Re: The crush - November 14th 2017, 03:57 PM

Don't be so hard on yourself, I'm sure you're not a bad person and I'm also sure there's somebody out there who'd like you.

Yes, education is very important, but it wouldn't be the end of the world if you had a boyfriend. My English teacher always said "go be a teenager!", and that's exactly what you should do. As long as you can manage your time well you can make it work, it's just like balancing hanging out with friends and studying.

Asking someone out can be intimidating. It seems to me that your parents/guardians don't allow you to have a boyfriend while in high school? Have I gotten that right? If this is the case, you could possibly discuss with your parents about boyfriends and how they think about this. I don't know how your parents would react to this though.

My advice is stay on the same track as you are now. All good relationships grow out from friendships, so get to know eachother and see what happens from there! Don't worry about being clingy, if you're good friends he probably won't mind your company at all.

Hope this helped.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
cynefin Offline
Hello, autumn.

TeenHelp Addict

Re: The crush - November 15th 2017, 12:49 PM

Education is important but as it has been said, you and your well being are important as well. Perhaps you would improve your confidence by spending some time with the guy that you like. It sounds like a good idea to become friends and get to know him and then take it from there. Perhaps you could be up front and let him know you want to get to know him more so the conversation will open up a little bit.

It is definitely possible for a guy to like you for who you are. There are many people who appreciate others just as themselves and that is quite an amazing thing. Anyone who doesn’t like you for who you are or expects you to change for them is not deserving of you.

Articles & Resources Officer|Lead Moderator|Senior Newsletter Editor
The mountains are calling and I must go.
1941-2016

Autumn is a second spring where every leaf is a flower.
Autumn nurtures my soul.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
Closed Thread