TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Golfing girl Offline
Be Creative. Always Dance.

I've been here a while

Name: Emma

Upset. - October 1st 2019, 06:46 PM

My friends back home from going to a treatment center for eating disorder. She told me that she's going to be homeschooled this year, her parents said it's better for her. I was so upset when she told me this, because it's our senior year of high school and it's different without her and we we're going to have fun together, now I don't know what to do. I just gave her a hug and said I'm happy to have her back. I don't mean to be upset about this.

Senior HelpLINK Mentor and Forum Moderator. PM/VM

Dance is your pulse, your heartbeat, your breathing.
Itís the rhythm of your life. Itís the expression in time and movement,
in happiness, joy, sadness and envy.
-Jacques díAmbroise

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly

Re: Upset. - October 6th 2019, 08:21 PM

Hey Emma,

It's good news that your friend is back home from being at the treatment centre for eating disorders. However, it's understandable that you would be upset that your friend won't be in school with you, when it's going to be senior year and you planned to have fun together.

Even though your friend will be homeschooled, it doesn't mean that you can't still be friends or have fun together. It just means that you and your friend will have to be creative in how you go about doing this. For example, during term time, maybe if you have exams coming up then you could study together? And in the school holidays, you could still arrange to hang out and do fun things together. I'm sure your friend will be finding homeschooling different too so you can always keep up her up to date with things happening in school too. Maybe you can ask your friend for ideas on what things to do to keep the friendship going now that you won't be in the same school?

It's hard when you won't have your friend in your school with you. Do you have other friends you hang out with too? Even though your friend won't be there, it's good to have other friends in school that you can talk to and hang out with.

It's okay to be upset about this as it's understandable you would miss your friend. But I'm sure your friend was glad to have a hug from you and is happy to be back home too

HelpLINK and Live Help Officer
Feel free to PM me! Even if I canít help, Iím always going to listen <3
SKITTLIFY!

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Disclosure. Offline
Laughter. Faith. Hope.

Jeez, get a life!

Re: Upset. - October 7th 2019, 07:14 AM

Hi there.

I'm glad to hear that your friend is back home. I bet you were relieved when you saw her again.

I understand how hard and upsetting it may be to not have your friend around as much during school. But as Celyn mentioned, this means that you can even more fun when you see each other. Seeing a movie or going to the mall once a week can be something that you two can do together as well as other lots of other fun things during the week including study games.

I hope this helped.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Golfing girl Offline

I've been here a while

Re: Upset. - October 7th 2019, 06:27 PM

Thank you so much for you're replies and what you are saying. I'll try talking to her and see what she likes to do now. I have some friends at school I go to classes with. Thank you again.

-Jacques díAmbroise

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Echo 7 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Upset. - October 9th 2019, 11:23 AM

Your special friend's ED doesn't define her, but you did good in hugging her because hugs are so healing. You may have sorely missed her, but you're glad your friend is back home now, and anyway, home schooling can be an impressive way of getting a really good education. Naturally you're upset you can't school with her and I feel sorry for you, but in her 'schooling breaks, you two can still find time to have fun together. Labour Days, weekends or perhaps you two could get away for a week somewhere? Life doesn't stop at just senior school. Companionship goes on and you can still gather your friends together to make your special friend feel absolutely great!

During rainy days you could share a good book together. In sunnier days, maybe you two could go rappelling down waterfalls? Wow that could be an experience! Or travel to some new place during seasonal holidays or even this time of the year. Good friends stick together, often through thick and thin. Like you two are meant to be great friends, sisterly love and companionship will always find a way where you can have fun together - whatever life throws at you. I've known my partner for years, even during the hard places. It's been many years since she was at college or when we were pre-teens.

Feel welcome to contact me if you need any more help.

The strongest steel is forged in fire.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Golfing girl Offline

I've been here a while

Re: Upset. - October 9th 2019, 11:23 PM

Thank you for you're reply and what you are saying. I'll try to find something to do with her.

-Jacques díAmbroise

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Echo 7 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Upset. - October 10th 2019, 12:50 PM

Make a list of activities you two would like to do. That will help narrow down your options. Here's one to consider: go on a short break survival course. Our twin 11 year old girls went on a couple of weekend courses and found them most exciting. Included was charging down a zip line! They loved it!

The strongest steel is forged in fire.