TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives    The Holiday Resource

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 3.00 average.
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
TH Anonymous Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Second time - October 22nd 2020, 10:03 PM

[SIZE="a"]This is the second time my sisters boyfriend has said horrible things to me and makes me cry. I don't tell her or my parents because I don't know what to say.[/size]

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Flight. Offline
Laughter. Faith. Hope.

Jeez, get a life!

Re: Second time - October 25th 2020, 05:41 AM

Hello there,

I am sorry to hear that what your sisters boyfriend is saying to you makes you cry. It isn't nice when someone does that and it can be hard to bring these type of topics up during conversation. If you do wish to talk to your sister and parents about it, be honest with them and tell them how it makes it feel. No-one should say horrible things to one another. If you need help, let me know.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Mallika Offline
HelpLINK Mentor

Junior TeenHelper

Name: Mallika

Re: Second time - October 27th 2020, 02:56 PM

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out here! I'm sorry that you haven't been able to tell anyone in real life about this.

Your sister's boyfriend's behaviour is certainly inappropriate and nasty. If he has made you cry, he must have said something really mean. I don't know how old he is compared to you, but remember this - a nasty comment is a nasty comment, whoever says it. Even if he is your sister's boyfriend, you shouldn't be silent about this. You deserve to be spoken to like a decent human being. If not, he will not stop.

If you are close enough to your sister, you can tell her about this. Tell her that you don't mean to be rude, but you are just telling the truth as it is. If you're worried that she might get defensive about her boyfriend, you can tell your parents. You and your sister are both equal to your parents, so I believe they will definitely see where you are coming from.

Alternatively, it is a good idea to give your sister's boyfriend a piece of your mind. I know it's nerve-wracking, but there's nothing more liberating that standing up for yourself. You deserve to be treated better. You don't have to be rude or anything, just tell him openly that "I didn't like the way you spoke to me that day. I will not tolerate this anymore. I'm being civil with you, so please stop it."

Sometimes people need to be told things right to their face before they can learn their lesson.

Don't worry, be brave about this! This applies not just for this incident, but for similar incidents in the future. We all meet nasty people throughout our lives. Whenever we are spoken to in a horrible way, we have to stand up for ourselves.

Hope that things do get better Do feel free to DM me if you have any questions!

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Melancholia. Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Second time - October 28th 2020, 10:26 PM

Hey there, thanks for reaching out. I am so sorry your sister's boyfriend continues to give you a hard time. Perhaps you can talk to your sister and parents about this; but I can understand why you might be concerned they won't listen and/or believe you. You can't always record these moments on a phone because they happen so suddenly, but know that I believe you.

Definitely continue to reach out to us for support if you need to.

HelpLINK MentorCommunity Mentor Articles Writer Newsletter Editor Resource Editor

TeenHelp Member since 2010

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Pork Chops Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Wendi

Re: Second time - December 1st 2020, 03:10 PM

Hello @TH Anonymous

If you are in the UK, Childline: www dot childline dot org dot uk who could help you. Call: 0800 1111

Your phone number and Childline's will not show on your parents phone bill.