TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Shannon Offline
The Awesome-ist.
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Shannon

I'm afraid she's mad at me. - June 8th 2009, 12:21 AM

My friend isn't replying to my texts or emails. The last time she talked to me, a few days ago, she told me something that could have potentially pissed me off (but it didn't really, and it sounded like she didn't know that it might). Should I be worried just because she isn't talking to me? I keep getting paranoid, but I can't think of anything that she would be mad at me about really.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
thesmallcheese Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I'm afraid she's mad at me. - June 8th 2009, 04:03 AM

Give it a few more days. Don't overwhelm her with texts saying "Why aren't you texting me back???? Are you mad at me??". Stop texting/emailing her. She will reply when she reads them, or decides she wants to reply. It may not be something you've done recently, or even at all. Sometimes people just get frustrated with someone or at something without reason. She also might be experiencing some anxiety or frustration in another area in her life, and wants to keep to herself.... Or she has merely been too busy to check her email or phone. Anyway, don't spend too much time fretting.. I know I've definitely wasted too much time in the same situation worrying what I'd done wrong.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
lvpeyton Offline
stronger than yesterday
Average Joe

Re: I'm afraid she's mad at me. - June 8th 2009, 03:51 PM

i agree with 'thesmallcheese'. sometimes people are just dealing with something else that they don't want to share or aren't ready to share with other people.

and if she is mad at you, hopefully she would be able to say so. but maybe, just maybe, she is frustrated now and just needs some time to cool off. maybe she just does not want to fight. if it is a big issue, wait for her to get a hold of you since you have already sent those messages and then mention something like, "hey i haven't heard from you in a while, is everything okay?"

sometimes people just need space. sorry i couldn't help more

"All these short times feel like no time, I thought you ought to know."

“Sometimes you have to forget about what you want, and remember what you deserve.”

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Strider Offline
Tash-la
I've been here a while

Name: Nat

Re: I'm afraid she's mad at me. - June 8th 2009, 10:25 PM

Hey Shannon,

I agree with what is being said above^ Just give your friend a bit of time. It could be that she has been busy and not able to reply to your emails or texts. Maybe she hasn't been checking her phone or been able to go on the computer. Take a break from it for a while and see if she gets back to you.

After a day or two, I would suggest phoning her and talking to her in person, or seeing her face to face. It's always better to communicate feelings when the person is right there. Texting and emailing can be tedious, and some things can be miscommunicated. That way you can see what's up with her at the moment or if she is feeling upset. Let her know that you are there for her and that you aren't sure if you said something that upset her, but you still want to talk and work things out.

I hope this goes well for you.

Nat.

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/40/signaturep.png
The great artists of our time are the ones who created something timeless. But it was never them defining it that way.
Everyone has a story. What's yours?

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Shannon Offline
The Awesome-ist.
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Shannon

Re: I'm afraid she's mad at me. - June 10th 2009, 01:49 AM

Thanks guys, that helped me stop worrying. She got to talking to me yesterday, I guess it's all alright.
Close-age is fine.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Strider Offline
Tash-la
I've been here a while

Name: Nat

Re: I'm afraid she's mad at me. - June 10th 2009, 09:34 PM

Hi Shannon,

I'm glad that you are talking with your friend again and that everything is okay between you two.

I'll close this for now, but if anything comes up, don't hesitate to PM me or start up another post.

Nat.

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/40/signaturep.png
The great artists of our time are the ones who created something timeless. But it was never them defining it that way.
Everyone has a story. What's yours?

Closed Thread