TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Heaven Sent, to Help You!
Average Joe

Name: Brooke

Unhappy Seeing my Mom cry: - June 15th 2009, 12:34 PM

This weekend I saw my mom for the first time since February, when I went to my friends party. It was nice and my mom and I actually had a lot of fun. The reason I went was for my sisters graduation and her graduation party.

Then my sister graduated though, and that's where thing went from bad to worse. I live with my dad in New Hampshire, my mom lives in Massachusetts. My sister's living with us for the summer and then going to college in Buffalo NY. As we were leaving my mom started crying.

It really bothered me. I didn't show a reaction though but I countless times told her that I can't react well to tears. So i kind of just gave her a hug and then walked away, for who knows how long this time.

It took a few hours to set in, but I ended up having a major break down over it. Panicked and worried my mom would be lonely, one second having companionship and the next not. I ended up crying so hard I couldn't breathe and my boyfriend Aaron had to call and attempt to calm me down which failed miserably.

Now, the feelings won't go away. It's hard to focus in school and I feel like a ghost. I'm trying to trick the feelings out of me but there has to be an ultimate solution somewhere.

How do I console these feelings?
How I do make sure my mom is okay?
Should I move home?
What should I do?

So where did everyone go?
And you don't even know
So don't pretend that you do

It's just a set up
For all the failures
Always playing after something cool

Send a message via AIM to Brooke Basketcase Send a message via MSN to Brooke Basketcase Send a message via Yahoo to Brooke Basketcase  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Strider Offline
Tash-la
I've been here a while

Name: Nat

Re: Seeing my Mom cry: - June 15th 2009, 09:55 PM

Hey Brooke,

I think it is good to care so much about your mom and how she is feeling right now. It is tough for both of you to be separated, and it's understandable that you are so affected by your mom crying when you left.

I don't think you should move back. I know you are worried about your mom, but she does know that you live somewhere else and that does not change how you feel about one another.

To console these feelings, I think you just need time to think them over and talk about them. Keeping up a strong relationship with your mom would also help. Get into the habit of calling her up and talking periodically to see how she's doing and to catch up with one another. I'm sure that would mean so much to her to know that you are worried and want to know how she is feeling.

Living apart from your mom is hard to do, but you are going to grow up and live on your own eventually and you both need to start getting used to the fact that you can't be there with her all the time. Visits are great and phoning a lot is awesome, and I'm sure it would help you both feel better.

Take care and stay strong
If you need to talk, feel free to PM me any time.

Nat.

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/40/signaturep.png
The great artists of our time are the ones who created something timeless. But it was never them defining it that way.
Everyone has a story. What's yours?

Closed Thread