TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Jessielove Offline
Happily In Love. <3
Average Joe

Name: Jessie

He loves me, SHE loves me not? - July 25th 2009, 09:11 AM

Yesterday marked the year of being best friends with my best friend, yes, we sadly remembered the date. So, I took him to a concert for two bands he liked. It got rained out when the second band came out, so we had to go home. Soaking wet, we're waiting for my parents to come get us. His girlfriend started to text him, mind you...we're both dating people and when we first met we had something for a little. She said something like, "Oh, I'm just checking up on you because I know you won't have any fun without me." being serious too. I've known my best friend longer then her. Then he said something that pretty much sounded like I wasn't as important. So we had a fight and I brought up out past and he said something he's never said before. He looked me in the eyes and the rain poured down and said, "You know, we could always just try again." I've grown to understand I'll never forgive him, but I'll always love him. Here's where my girlfriend plays into this. She kind of ruined our day...telling me her ex, one who f'ed her over, wants back in her life...and she's letting her in. Knowing this girl is gonna try to break us up and she always thinks I'm gonna leave her for my best friend...which I wouldn't.

She was also going to come up this weekend...but bailed last minute without giving me a reason. Like, I was asking her about it last night...saying my parents could get her and she just said no, she had to stay there and stopped texting me. I was talking to my best friend and he says I should leave her...since he's seen what she's done to me, but I'm not sure if that's because he may have feelings for me finally, but that's not something I wanna come out and ask him. And I don't know what to do about my girlfriend. I told her if she's allowing her ex back in...I'm leaving because I don't deserve what she says this girl will do and what this girl has already done to us. Yeah, she's been trying to get at my girlfriend before this. I don't know what to do about them...

And, my girlfriend wants me to take down pictures I have with my best friend, but I see no reason why since she has pictures of her and her ex(es) either just together with captions all like, "I miss this girl soooo much." or "I love her to death." sometimes even, "I wish we didn't break up." Or pictures of them kissing.

This is just like, too insane. I mean, I also tried to leave my best friend last night, he was at my house till one in the morning. I was with him for over 12 hours, longest EVER. We were fighting since 9:30, so about 4 hours of fighting, but we made up...so yeah.

Any ideas what I should do about my best friend...and/or my girlfriend?

When you fall, don't always expect someone to pick you up. Do it yourself, you're stronger then you think. Brush yourself off and keep your head high.

"She loves me, she loves me not, despite the fact I smell like pot, I write this poem to you Jessie, are you my lady love to be?" -
sphynx

Send a message via AIM to Jessielove Send a message via Skype™ to Jessielove 
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Pandamonium Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Steph

Re: He loves me, SHE loves me not? - July 25th 2009, 11:00 AM

The best thing you can do in this situation is sit down with each of them seperately.

From what you've told us, it's clear that your girlfriend is feeling insecure and jealous on several levels. She doesn't like how close you are with your best friend, which is probably why she brought up her ex, she felt the need to lure you in somehow. She may not actually WANT her back in, but she may just need a way to see where you stand and how you're feeling. Instead of letting her turn to her ex, step in and tell her what's going on.

This also goes along with your girlfriend wanting the pictures taken down. She has her personal pictures and you have yours, it doesn't have to be something that takes away from your relationship.

His girlfriend is probably also feeling the same way about the situation. Both of them are going to have to be willing to see it as a friendship and nothing more, instead making themselves upset every time the two of you hang out.
  Send a message via MSN to Pandamonium  
Closed Thread