TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Hey Nikki! Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Thinking about my old friends... - August 9th 2009, 02:03 AM

Lately I've been lonely as ever. I keep thinking about my old best friends and how I feel apart from everyone...

My best friend recently came back from Germany, where she's been for the last 2 years. She came to visit me on July 4th, but I feel like we've grown apart and won't be best friends again.

Shortly before that friend left, I met a girl down the street from me. But she changed for the worst- she went boy-crazy and forgot about me and all the rest of her friends. Because of this, her mom distrusts her, and since her parents are split up, she craves attention from the wrong people. All this happened in just 3 years.

The only friends I have left (3) are barely sane, and I feel 'uninteresting' to them. They're 1-2 years younger than me, and I feel more like a parent to them than a close member. And, they're all fighting amongst one another.

In just 3 years, all these terrible things have happened. Everything went downhill after I graduated from middle school- people started changing. Almost nothing beneficial has happened in my life; I've made close bonds with my one guy friend, but when we hang out, it feels awkward...it never used to, though...

Maybe this is just a phase. Someone please tell me that teens get better in college, please.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
TheBabyEater Offline
With A Sprinkle Of Cinnamon
I've been here a while

Name: Marissa

Re: Thinking about my old friends... - August 10th 2009, 04:13 PM

Hey, I know what it's like to have friends change and shit. The transition between middle and high school is always the worst. I went through HELL will my friends in 8th grade, got an entirely different group my freshman year. (then moved and made new friends again but thats a whole different story)
Anyway, I can honestly tell you that no matter how much friends change and how many you might loose, it's normal. Its proven that a lot of teenagers completely change their habits and personalities by the time they're 10 to 25. Like, a kid with a messy room could likely grow up to be a neat freak.
But, it's really normal to change friends. All that crap on tv and in the media about adults having friends 'since birth'? thats bull shit, sad as it is, someone is lucky if they're in high school having a friend since birth.
But if your age is correct you're only 15! You'll be a freshman or sophomore right? Theres lots of time for you to make new friends, even before college. After college, you'll probably make lots of friends at your job or places you hang out at.

School is starting soon so you have the chance to make new friends and stuff. Just gotta give it time and remember to be social and shtuff.

Take me seriously.
I dare you.

Send a message via Skype™ to TheBabyEater 
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Hey Nikki! Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Thinking about my old friends... - August 10th 2009, 09:47 PM

I'm gonna be a junior, but I can't stand the people at my school. All girls, all rich, all the same. My school is tiny- only a total of 250 people.

I MIGHT get a job in September. But it's a big if, because right now, I'm literally competing with girls from my school at everything: grades, jobs, getting guy friends.

It's sad. I've only gone through 2 groups of friends my whole life, and have no idea how to start a new one. It's almost impossible to get into a group that's already been formed.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
TheBabyEater Offline
With A Sprinkle Of Cinnamon
I've been here a while

Name: Marissa

Re: Thinking about my old friends... - August 10th 2009, 10:09 PM

Is there something you can do around your town where you can like.. I don't know, hang out with other people? Like, where there's forced interaction so it's not like walking up to a random stranger at the mall and starting up a conversation. Although that's totally a possibility =p lol
Like. I don't know if you're the type but, volunteering at a place? Like, an animal shelter or something if you cant get a job. Maybe join some clubs or something.
Dont give up hope on your school. There's always the possibility of someone new or a freshman friend. (it sounds wierd being a junior hanging out with freshman, but I recently met a few freshman friends at my summer PE and I'm a junior)

I know what it's like to go to a school where you hate everyone... I'm in that situation now, although it's HUGE. I still hate most the people in it... rednecks...
Anyway. *hugs* you're not alone. You gots all of us!

Take me seriously.
I dare you.

Send a message via Skype™ to TheBabyEater 
Closed Thread