TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
ntguard19 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Nyssa

Did somthing wrong. i read my moms email to someone - August 12th 2009, 06:07 AM

ok so as the title says i read my mom email it was well we will say open and well i read somthing she sent to this person i dont know. when i read it i found out he is my dad and the name my mom gave me as my dads was rong she know i had been looking for him. i want to meat him but i dont know what i should do now i fill like i have the right to know but i found out in a wrong way. what should i do and i know this is difrent than some becouse i am 21 almost 22. i want to know his side but at the same time maby my mom is protecting me from them.
  Send a message via AIM to ntguard19 Send a message via Yahoo to ntguard19  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
broken Offline
larawood.deviantart.com
Not a n00b

Name: Rissa

Re: Did somthing wrong. i read my moms email to someone - August 12th 2009, 03:37 PM

First, write down all the info you can get from her address book. Depending on how detailed your mom keeps her contacts; you should at least have his email address, maybe his name, possibly even where he lives.
Then confront your mom about it. Tell her you accidentally read the email, and ask her to explain why she lied about his name, and ask for the real story, or else you’re going to go to him anyways. If she really is trying to protect you from him, then this is the time for her to tell the truth.
If he’s just a normal guy, and your mom just doesn’t want to share you, then go to him. But if your mom has a good reason, like maybe he has anger issues, or perhaps you were conceived during non-consensual sex, it might be wise to ignore him. But no matter what, you should definitely talk to her about it. I mean, he is apart of you. Half of his DNA is in your system, and you deserve to know the truth.

~Rissa~

Send a message via MSN to broken  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Did somthing wrong. i read my moms email to someone - August 13th 2009, 05:23 AM

I agree with Riz; talk to your mom and go from there. She could have a reason for lying but the only way you are going to find out is if you talk to her.

I know it might be a little scary to confront her about this but just explain to her how much you would like to know your father. Maybe if she could better understand your need to know your father she would be more forth coming.

Best of luck.

~Jenna~

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#4 (permalink)) Old
ntguard19 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Nyssa

Re: Did somthing wrong. i read my moms email to someone - August 14th 2009, 02:41 AM

thank you for the help
  Send a message via AIM to ntguard19 Send a message via Yahoo to ntguard19  
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Em... Offline
smile; it looks good on you.
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: E

Re: Did somthing wrong. i read my moms email to someone - August 14th 2009, 02:52 AM

Hey There,

I would definitely try to get as much contact information of him as you can.

Then confront your mum about this. Ask questions. You have a right to know. She may have kept it from you for a good reason, so be weary and talk to her.

If you feel comfortable enough, I think you should try to get in touch with him. I'm sure a reunion would be fabulous.

Take care,

Closed Thread