TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
MonDieu_Mongrel Offline
Gray is my color
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Wolfie

Question what should I do? - August 19th 2009, 09:04 PM

Okay well here it is, I was in the hospital for a few weeks when I was like 4 anyways I got a different needle stuck in my arm everyday so now I have this problem were if anyone talks about blood or any type of insides or if I see someone bleeding or getting cut or something I freak because I feel pain where they have the blood or if someone talks about it once again I feel it. So well my family makes fun of me and just goes on and on about that kinda stuff just to bug me, it hurts so much I could scream, I have talked to them all together and one at a time and STILL they do it, I have tried just about everything, I can deal with them calling me names or whatever but this is just horrible, I have tried to explain it to them, I have even yelled at them because of the pain then when I do I'M the bad guy. . . . its not fair. My step dad does it the most and well I feel very unwelcome in my own home because of it. . . *sigh*
well I feel like anytime I'm outside of my own room I have to be on guard, anything that I say could make them start so I just am in my room all the time or I just don't say anything.
I don't know what to do, I can't take them being like this to me, I wanna run away as far as I can, my sister told me I can move in with her as soon as she is out of college but that is another 2 years and then maybe another year to get everything set out and not only that but by that time I'll be only 17 so my mom will still have legal custody of me. . . . I don't know what to do. . . .
If you have any ideas I would love to hear them.
Sorry this is so long btw.
Love Wolfie.

Open Your Eyes And Embrace The Beauty Of Life.

Support for victims of sexual assault or abuse can be found here start the healing

I just wanna hear you say again
Forever love
Say you'll love
Dígame, Dígame
Tell me so
I can hold you in my soul
If I go
I'll know - Anna Nalick Forever Love.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
glittermist Offline
Modal Soul
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Lisa

Re: what should I do? - August 20th 2009, 06:04 PM

Hi There.

You are in a very unfortunate situation. I cannot believe how childish your family seem to be acting. I think you are very brave for trying your best to put up with it, but i can see from your post that enough is enough!

Do you have anyone you can talk to about this, a counsellor, someone at school perhaps? It is wrong for your family to be constantly mocking you and making you feel like you don't belong in your own home. I am sure there are helplines in which you could call that deal with this kind of thing. I'm pretty sure i would label it emotional abuse, and this is something that isn't taken lightly so if i were you i would make the effort to contact some helplines right away.

I hope things work out,
Take care x

& it's just like she's in another world.
[<3]

(#3 (permalink)) Old
MonDieu_Mongrel Offline
Gray is my color
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: what should I do? - August 20th 2009, 07:46 PM

no not really, the only people I can talk to are my friends on here so. . . . and a helpline? can't they would know and then I would be in BIG trouble. emotional abuse? yes I have deal with that since well as long as I can remember

Support for victims of sexual assault or abuse can be found here start the healing

Forever love
Say you'll love
Dígame, Dígame
Tell me so
If I go

(#4 (permalink)) Old
glittermist Offline
Modal Soul
Senior TeenHelper

Re: what should I do? - August 20th 2009, 07:59 PM

Do you have a mobile phone? If you make a call from there, surely this can be kept private from your family?

And also, how about talking to someone at school? I know it may seem scary but school is one of the few places where you aren't with your family. Have a think about it.

[<3]

(#5 (permalink)) Old
MonDieu_Mongrel Offline
Gray is my color
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: what should I do? - August 21st 2009, 06:15 PM

I don't have a cell phone nor am I near one, and I'm home schooled
seems like the ideas are running out huh?

Forever love
Say you'll love
Dígame, Dígame
Tell me so
If I go

(#6 (permalink)) Old
glittermist Offline
Modal Soul
Senior TeenHelper

Re: what should I do? - August 22nd 2009, 03:25 PM

Do your family ever leave you in the house alone? If so, you could make a call to a helpline. I'm sorry that it seems your options are limited; but i'm sure that there is a way to at least reach out to someone. Do you have any other relatives that you can confide in?

[<3]

(#7 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: what should I do? - August 23rd 2009, 01:43 AM

Hey there,

I am sorry you have to deal with all of this and I want you to know that you don't deserve any of this.

I was wondering if writing a letter to your mom would help? It might help if she read how you felt. Sometimes people comprehend letters more then they do words.

As for the helpline; what about going to a local pay phone and calling from there? I know it might suck but a pay phone could work and it would keep it private from your family.

Could you try talking to your sister as well? It seems like she cares about you so maybe you could talk to her about the things that are going on and just get her support.

Hang in there,

Jenna

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#8 (permalink)) Old
MonDieu_Mongrel Offline
Gray is my color
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: what should I do? - August 23rd 2009, 11:25 PM

I'm never left alone in the house, I never go outside ether so the pay phone thing wont work, letter nope, my mom takes letters and words the same way. . . .

Forever love
Say you'll love
Dígame, Dígame
Tell me so
If I go

Closed Thread