TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
ThePunkAlien Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Josh

Arrow At least you know your parents - August 23rd 2009, 08:47 PM

I thought I'd post this in here, more of a rant. But, I think sometimes knowing your parents can be taken for granted. I mean there are some scenarios where parents can't raise their kids right and they have a reason to be upset, but when it's over small issues and just arguments - at least you have those arguments with them.

I never knew my parents, sure I was adopted, but even Clark Kent admitted that he never felt like he was family. Which really sucks more than people can know. I mean, I know nothing about where I come from, who my parents are, what of them is in me. I look at a family tree and I can't do a damn thing. People talk about their heritage, I have to remain silent because I just don't know. People also have a difficult time understanding, rather than seeing what was lost they say we should at least be greatful that we were adopted. I don't even know if my parents think about me, I don't even know if they care about me... I don't even know if they remember me. Everyone else participates in father/son, mother/son events, not me, because it would be too hard and I don't feel like I belong there because I'd feel like an impostor. I just want to know if they're proud of me, but I never will - every time I succeed, they're not there. I was left alone here on earth without a guidebook or manual on what is in me - 95% of the population at least have that. Just, something... it fucking sucks.

I mean, I'd love to do anything with my parents. Even if it's get mad or have an argument with them. I'd give anything for that just once in my life. To feel like I belong, that I'm part of a family and not just some cast away. Guess all I'm saying is be lucky that you at least know them, for better or worse, because some would do anything for at least that.

I should also stress that there are other instances where this can happen, although a loss of one parent, such as through death before being born, a run away parent before being born or couple of years later. All would fit into the mold of those who were left behind and bear the scars from that. I'm also not putting adoption down, my adoptive parents are okay, all I'm saying is that we suffered from a loss too. I fully plan to adopt, even older, because I know what it feels like to lose your parents.

Last edited by ThePunkAlien; August 23rd 2009 at 09:16 PM.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
tatanater Offline
Jus Chill
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Taylor

Re: Life without parents - August 24th 2009, 01:51 AM

that suxx man, i kinda know what it feels like to be unwanted, i was a failed abortion(i have no idea how it happened, i just found the old records saying my mothers pregnacy was terminated, but here i am) but as for the good old heritage you can find that out if you have your birth cirtificate, or origanal full name, or your social securaty, be careful with that one, be DAMN careful with that one
good luck with life, dont let that get ya down, look at it, someone wanted you! Love, Peace, an Chicken Grease
  Send a message via AIM to tatanater Send a message via MSN to tatanater Send a message via Yahoo to tatanater  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
MyDarkerHeart Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Life without parents - August 24th 2009, 04:50 PM

I also plan to adopt. There are so many children out there that need homes, and I would much rather save an existing life. Although, if I don't adopt then my partner and I at the time would be forced to rob a sperm bank.

I'm very sorry this happened to you hun, and I agree. Although, I must say one thing: Isn't it better not to have known your parents, then to have known abusive ones?

I've never been abused, but my friends have, and sometimes I do think they'd have been better off never knowing the people who hurt them.

Here are some cyber hugs, hun, and a random GLOMP. *glomps*

(#4 (permalink)) Old
ThePunkAlien Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Josh

Re: Life without parents - August 24th 2009, 10:37 PM

Depends on what you mean by abusive. Parents who knock their child around more than usual (I still don't know if it's normal or not)? Then, yeah they'd be better off somewhere else. But, I was still somewhat knocked around when I was younger and I did run away once. So, I've even had the 'massive blow outs' with my adoptive folks. Just saying, for those in 'normal' situations, not overly abusive, should be lucky they at least know their parents.

Closed Thread