TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
$Kelly2DaB$ Offline
awesome =]
Not a n00b

Name: Kelly

well this sucks - September 19th 2009, 03:55 AM

my mind has been spinning lately and idk what to do.

me and this guy just ended our friendship of 3 years. he basically told me i always abandon him and shit. and yeah, i have beenn absent for a little while. and it is my fault, cuz this summer i have spent most of my time and attention on my work friends. im still hurt though. he was such a good friend and now i dont have that anymore.

another guy friend told me to my face that i dont put any effort into being a good friend. wow, that kind of shocked me. like i know i havent been the best friend lately, but to be told i dont put any effort? damn.

another friend just went to college. and i havent talked to her much cuz i wanted to make sure she lives the full college experience. well she talked to me the other day kinda annoyed. so we were back on the same page. then i post something to her website, and she ignores it. i dont get it, i cant not talk to her but she can? i dont get it.

another friend i think is mad at me. i sent her a few texts and she didnt respond. idk. i dont think i should be in the doghouse cuz i didnt do anything but at the same time, i feel guilty.

idk, lately some frienships and been messed up and idk wut is goin on. im kinda depressed bout all this. and idk wut to do =/

Kelly!
  Send a message via AIM to $Kelly2DaB$  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Strider Offline
Tash-la
I've been here a while

Name: Nat

Re: well this sucks - September 19th 2009, 03:27 PM

Hi Kelly,

I think that you should talk to your friends and say exactly what you said here- that you know you haven't been there as much as you should have, but you do really appreciate their friendship and you would like to be there for them more often.

Texting and messaging online can sometimes be a good idea, but people don't always check messages or have the time to respond. I find that getting in touch with someone face to face is best when trying to communicate things. If you are looking to fix your friendships, then invite them over or decide on a place to hang out and let them know that you want to talk with them about this and try to fix things between you.

I understand that over the summer you wanted to spend more time with your work friends, but that did mean that your other friends didn't get to spend a lot of time with you. Your friendship obviously means a lot to them and maybe they just felt a little bit forgotten. Try planning days out with your friends and hanging out with them often to try to make it up to them. And if you want to give them some time- like your friend at college- you should explain what you are doing so they know.

I hope you are able to fix things.
All the best and take care.

Nat.

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/40/signaturep.png
The great artists of our time are the ones who created something timeless. But it was never them defining it that way.
Everyone has a story. What's yours?

Closed Thread