TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Hey Nikki! Offline
Junior TeenHelper

This girl is always using me. - September 20th 2009, 10:42 PM

About three months ago (on June 14th, to be exact), I was complaining about how my 'best friend' was so mean.

Well, she's back again.

She just never stops coming back. Not to be nice to me, or be the friend who's there to support me- no, she uses me to put me down in public and look cool in front of guys.

It works like this: she drives over in her car, tries to convince me to smoke, drive, and go to the mall with her, which is about a 20 minute drive away. She doesn't understand the concept of 'no.' She'll keep asking me the same question over and over again until I say yes.

And whenever I wanted to talk to her about how I was feeling whenever I had a problem in my life, she just said, 'make the most of it.' She's never let me cry on her shoulder, and hell, after seeing how she acts, I wouldn't want to either.

Now, she's got a car. She's always trying to drive me around in it, which is actually against the law, because you can't have friends in your car when you don't even have a real license. She drives terrible: rolls down her window and cusses at people that are too slow; drives down one-way streets the wrong way; drives as fast as she can on straightaways.

She lied to my dad once and said, "We'll just go around the block" but instead, she went around her neighborhood and tried to see how fast she could go.

I just don't get why she keeps coming back. It's not because she gives a hoot about me. It's because she needs someone to look cool in front of whenever guys are around. My mom says I should stay friends with her, but when we do, she comes around everyday and is always asking for something. She's basically a moocher.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
OhaiThere Offline
Jay and Boisterous Bob
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: John

Re: This girl is always using me. - September 21st 2009, 02:05 AM

Tell your mom the truth then.

You don't need someone like that in your life.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Effigy Offline
Synthpop Guy
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Alex

Re: This girl is always using me. - September 21st 2009, 03:37 AM

She is not a friend. A true friend would respect your decision on saying 'no'

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Hey Nikki! Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: This girl is always using me. - September 27th 2009, 04:17 PM

I thank you guys for your help. I know that she's not a true friend, there's no hiding that fact.

But she won't stop leaving me alone.

My parents like her because she's the only person that comes over my house. My parents feel sorry for me- One, I'm not a charity case, and two, this girl is always putting me down. She only comes over because she needs a 'common enemy-' a person she can look cool in front of whenever she has conversations with guys or whoever.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Average Joe

Name: ~Sebrine~

Re: This girl is always using me. - September 28th 2009, 02:48 AM

the best way to rid of these kind of ppl is to have a good frnd urself (go out meet sum1 .. have fun, adn trust me a good frnd is always sumwhere, give ppl a chance they're there!!) ..
hang out with his frnd infront of her- adn it'll BURN her.
she'll do 1 of 2 things
1- treat u rite finally
or 2- go find herself sum1 else she can use as a sidekick.

.. watever u do, get urself a real frnd... not bcos of her, but bcos of urself!
.u deserve one, anyone with a heart deserves one.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Hey Nikki! Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: This girl is always using me. - September 29th 2009, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peaceful_liberation View Post
the best way to rid of these kind of ppl is to have a good frnd urself (go out meet sum1 .. have fun, adn trust me a good frnd is always sumwhere, give ppl a chance they're there!!) ..
hang out with his frnd infront of her- adn it'll BURN her.
she'll do 1 of 2 things
1- treat u rite finally
or 2- go find herself sum1 else she can use as a sidekick.

.. watever u do, get urself a real frnd... not bcos of her, but bcos of urself!
.u deserve one, anyone with a heart deserves one.
Thanks! Its about time I got a real person to hang out with, instead of someone who forcefully drags me along with her just so she'll have someone to stand next to.

I haven't had a best friend in 3 years, but I've always thought that I deserved one. I don't mean like a guy best friend- I've had them already. I'm always with guys, but I just can't get a girl best friend. You know?

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Average Joe

Name: ~Sebrine~

Re: This girl is always using me. - September 30th 2009, 01:29 PM

You sure do!!!
.. yea girl frnds r usually much nicer bcos (well i find) tht i can be pathic emtionally adn they'll still understand adn tell me it's alrite cheer up, and never think any diff or less of me.. while if ur in an emtional state infront ur guy frnds, they kind of blink adn go like oh, wat're we gonna do now?? and they treat u a bit diff when they've seen u like tht... (but tht mostly depends on WHO it is rite)

(#8 (permalink)) Old
ThoughtManifest Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: This girl is always using me. - October 2nd 2009, 04:01 AM

Okay, this is a topic I know A LOT about aha I one time had a girl who would constantly put me down and make me feel terrible (she threatened suicide if I refused to be with her instead of being nagging like yours is, but I feel that they are much the same) these people are leeches and it sounds like your girl is far more dangerous than even you think. If these people don't leave you alone (in case it happens in the future) go to your school counselor and file a restraining order or a harassment claim. You have the right to do so, and if you don't believe that you have the power within yourself to refuse her advances quite yet, this is the best way to go for now. This is horribly dangerous and I would urge you to go before she tries to pick you up again. This is what I did with my "leech" and she hasn't talked to me since.

If your school counselor has half of a brain, this will work out. If she doesn't, then keep trying. It is definitely worth pushing this girl away permanently, even if you'll feel guilty afterwards. Best of luck, these situations are really draining and I hope it all works out!!

--ThoughtManifest

Closed Thread