TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
LadyLeila Offline
Average Joe

Name: Leila

Post So now she doesn't want me to visit... - September 22nd 2009, 02:55 AM

My sister is at college thousands of miles away. She left in August and so I decided that I would save up enough money to visit her in October (I have a week off of school). So I worked a TON at the restaurant I waitress at, did some babysitting jobs here and there, and I haven't spent $1 in over a month; which for a teenage girl is extremely hard.

After raising over $700 to visit her and convincing my parents to let me go, I was going to buy my ticket tonight. Before my dad could click "buy" he texted my sister to see if the dates were ok. She texted back saying that I shouldn't come; she has to study, there is nothing to do, and it is not the best environment.

Anyone else sense the sting of rejection?

So now I am thoroughly pissed off and I don't know what to do. I started by angrily crying for 30 minutes, listening to music, and now venting on here. Any suggestions on how I should spend my rejected plane ticket money?

--Alexa Lauren

Never regret something that once made you smile...

...Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Average Joe

Name: ~Sebrine~

Re: So now she doesn't want me to visit... - September 28th 2009, 01:08 PM

give ur sister another chance??
let her know that you saved up for this and worked hard and all that!!!
... ask her WHY she doesnt want you to come, it's not studying, that's a cover-up excuse. find the real reason.
.. if ur open with her, adn if u've been close, then let her know that god this hurt like hell.
if that works out, make sure she's the one that tells ur dad ur going..

and if all that doesnt work out.
it's ok dnt be upset- ur sister can never hate u, it's a phase, maybe she's just settling in, and maybe there r things there tht she wouldnt want u to see. maybe she thinks it'll just upset u more than not wanting u to cum..

.. lol if u really want advice abt how to spend ur money, we'll think of sumthing!!

Closed Thread