TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Alisha aka Summer

what am i supposed to do?! (long) - September 23rd 2009, 01:19 AM

okay im gunna try to make this short.. so ill start out that i went out one night got really drunk and had to be home at 11. very stupid idea. ik. but anyway, i come home and my parents know i've been drinking and THEY ARE PISSED. i dont remember what happened at all, but there was puke in my bed, and i puked in the sink and in every trashcan on the main level of our house. my mom called my friends and made up this bull shit story about me being raped to find out who i was with, my dad and older brother drove to town to try and find a guy i was with blah blah blah.

anyway, things seemed to have gotten so much better, (this was like two weeks ago, a little less) and then today she started yelling out of no where saying she's gunna make me switch schools or move to oklahoma with her. and i can't do that. i've been going to this school for my fourth year now, and im just now getting ties down. im one of those people who are friends with everyone (actually, there is one person but beside the point) and i just love this school. i only have two more years left in highschool, and i want to finish them at the same high school. i've switched schools a lot in my life, and when i started this high school i said i was going to FINISH in this high school.

i figured if im good, and dont do anything else wrong, dont ask for my cell back, dont ask for my car back, do homework, all of that, then things would get better, and they haven't. any advice?!

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Strider Offline
Tash-la
I've been here a while

Name: Nat

Re: what am i supposed to do?! (long) - September 24th 2009, 02:57 PM

Hi Alisha,

I really think that you should talk to your mom about this. It could be that she is worried about the people you are hanging out with and that they might be a bad influence on you here. I know that you understand that drinking like you did was a stupid idea, but it sounds like it was more than stupid to your parents. They were really and truly scared for you that something went wrong, and you need to convince them that you wont make that kind of choice again.

It will take some time before your mom realizes that you are making better decisions now. I suggest you keep up what you are doing, but at the same time communicate that with your parents. Let them know what is going on in your life right now and get them involved. Chances are, they were upset about the drinking because they didn't see it coming. You are still their daughter and they do still want to be a part of your life, so let them in on it a bit.

Talking to your parents about why you would like to stay where you are would be a good idea. It's important that they know that your location at the moment is benefiting you and not holding you back or turning you down the wrong path. Overall, I think your parents do want you to be happy, but respect and understanding goes both ways.

Take care.
Nat.

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/40/signaturep.png
The great artists of our time are the ones who created something timeless. But it was never them defining it that way.
Everyone has a story. What's yours?

Closed Thread