TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
love89 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Unhappy I dont like my sister - October 8th 2009, 05:09 PM

My relationship with my sister has never been good but for the last 7 years, my feelings have turned to hatred and i just wish she would leave and never come back. When i was 13, my mother suffered an illness which has left her disabled, i took on the role as mother to my younger brothers and my sister was still living at home at this time but she was always out with friends. Over the last 7 years, she has moved out and back in 3 times all because she says she needs a break from our brothers but i feel that i should be the one who needs it as i have them 24/7 while cleaning the house, cooking and working 2 jobs. She sits on the sofa and either watches tv or is on the computer, she hasnt got a job and isnt even looking for 1. I just get so frustrated when i come home and she hasnt done anything and tells me she has had a busy day. Please help me because i now am imagining life if she was dead and i dont want to feel like that. I am asking for advice on how do i put up with it. I cant take anymore!

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Strider Offline
Tash-la
I've been here a while

Name: Nat

Re: I dont like my sister - October 10th 2009, 10:05 PM

Hi there,

Welcome to TeenHelp! I'm really glad that you decided to come on here and talk about this. It sounds like you are in a very frustrating situation at the moment with your sister acting so rudely. It isn't fair that you have had to take on the role of a mother in your household without any help from your siblings.

As much as you hate your sister's behaviour right now, I really think you should try and talk to her calmly about how you feel. Try to explain to her that you've been really stressed out working all the time and coming home to more work that needs to be done. Ask if she would be able to help you out around the house with chores and some cooking. Show her how to do the cleaning and try to assign jobs to your sister and brothers.

Getting into an argument with your sister over this is not worth it at all. Just do your best to have a clam discussion with her about chores and helping around the house and see if your brothers could lend a hand with a few things too.

Take care.
Nat.

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/40/signaturep.png
The great artists of our time are the ones who created something timeless. But it was never them defining it that way.
Everyone has a story. What's yours?

Closed Thread