TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Megan

My mom knows everything.... - October 15th 2009, 07:47 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of self harm, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

My mom knows EVERYTHING.... She knows that I'm bisexual, she knows that I cut myself, she knows I've thought of suicide... So yeah, she found out I was bisexual, and she talked to me about it, and she was basically saying that she thought it was just a phase and that' I'd grow out of it. Then, durring that conversation she saw the scars on my thighs, but I told her it was just from soccer. Then, like a day later she came to me and asked me if I was still hurting myself, at first I denied it, but then just told her. She asked me why and how. Then, she took the scissors I use and cut herself with them(not bad) to show me what it looked like(as if I didn't already know I was a freak...) Then, she kept telling me how wrong and gross it was and how much it upset her. Then she told me that if I had more God in my life( I have a lot of God in my life, just in a different way then she does) that I wouldn't have ever done this. Then she asked if I even wanted to be Catholic, when I responeded by telling her I'd rather just be plain Christian, she told me I had no choice but to be Catholic! Then, she told me how I only look at things in a negative manner and that I have a good life and shouldn't cut, and she doesn't understnad why I would turn to that. Then she accused me of pushing her away even though neither of us has been working hard to stay close. So, now she knows basically everything, and is sending me to therapy. I'm SOOO glad I got to talk to somebody, but something about me wishes she did/said durring the convos made me feel worse then I already felt........:-/

(#2 (permalink)) Old
FriendZoneMayor Offline
My lovelife is the Hokey-Pokey
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Summer/Shawn

Re: My mom knows everything.... - October 18th 2009, 07:11 PM

Ohmigosh. Hon I'm sorry that all happened at once! But I'm glad your gonna be getting help for your cutting. Your Mom kinda came across a little strong though. I'm giving you a really big hug right now. [HUG]

“I can only hope that they’ll turn that anger and frustration and madness into something positive, so that two, three, four, five hundred will step forward, so the gay doctors will come out, the gay lawyers, the gay judges, gay bankers, gay architects … I hope that every professional gay will say ‘enough’, come forward and tell everybody, wear a sign, let the world know. Maybe that will help.” Harvey Milk, 1978

http://amanoutofyou.tumblr.com

Closed Thread