TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Penguin Offline
Im not new!
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Celia

fml - November 13th 2009, 09:17 PM

Over the past week things have really gone down hill for me with my family. On Wednesday night we all (mom dad and myself) got into a huge fight and the end result was them saying that I should leave if i was unhappy with life at their house. So I arranged to stay with a friend for the weekend. Three days away thats what I need. When I tried to leave yesterday my mother followed me down to where my friend was picking me up, she walked to his side of the car and kept knocking on the window until he opened it enough that she could ask him to write his name address phone and liscense plate number down. We left and after that my parents then began to call every single person that I know to try and find me even though they know where I am...They called friends and family and now every person that I talk to is pissed off at me because I have "run away" from my parents when actually im just taking a three day break from them. I plan on going back, I plan to live there provided that things change a little bit. What do I do with this? I have been this close to doing something id regrete before but im getting closer and closer each time someone calls me or they call me.

A little Consideration, a little Thought for Others, makes all the difference.
Winnie the Pooh

(#2 (permalink)) Old
jaimelu Offline
Not a n00b

Re: fml - November 14th 2009, 07:38 PM

well, lik yoo said, "be strong now, things will get better. it may be stormy now, but it can train forever.". family issues can be tough, but confront yur parents on this. try going back home, maybe they're worried and want tyoo to come home? ill admit this is a more difficult situation to giv advice to, but yooll be okay. keep yur spirits up, theres always someone to help. try goin home and talkin to them. push comes to shove, if yoo end up leavin for good, try other family memebers? sry that this isnt much.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Strider Offline
Tash-la
I've been here a while

Name: Nat

Re: fml - November 15th 2009, 07:11 PM

Hi Celia,

I understand that you need a break from your parents, and it's important to have some time away every now and again, but they are still your parents and they need to know where you are. I know you did end up telling your mom where you went, but it was only after she followed you to your friend's car. She was probably worried that she was given the wrong address and wouldn't be able to contact you.

Next time, just tell your parents that you are taking a bit of a break and will be staying with a friend for a few nights. They will probably understand if you explain it to them and give them the address and phone number right away. Even though you were fighting, they still care about you and are concerned for your safety.

Just keep your parents in the loop and try to explain what is going on. They know that you are upset, but maybe you could all try and work out how to fix it. Try to make compromises instead of final decisions and take into account what your parents are saying too. They may seem unreasonable sometimes, but they may have a reason that you didn't realize before.

Maybe give your friends a heads up next time too in case your parents phone them up asking where you are. If they have the phone number and address of where you are staying then they can give that to your parents.

Take care.
Nat.

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/40/signaturep.png
The great artists of our time are the ones who created something timeless. But it was never them defining it that way.
Everyone has a story. What's yours?

Closed Thread