TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Ambiance Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Chauvinistic values... - November 28th 2009, 05:23 AM

My parents' relationship has always bothered me a little. It's just kind of disrespectful to my Mom; she's like this nice, sweet person, and my dad's normally like "i love your mom, i'm so lucky" but, in general, she does anything he asks her to, and he'll get way too mad over random small stuff she does or doesnt do and she'll just be apologizing and stuff and he's making her feel bad, and to be honest, even though he's normally pretty nice, its really hard for me to like him sometimes because i love her so much. I tried talking to her about it before, and she just insisted that she was fine and dad was fine and everyone was fine. And then my grandparents were here for Thanksgiving, and my Grandma's always going on about how lucky she is for my Grandpa, and how he takes care of her (basically controls everything she does), because my real grandfather was a complete asshole. Anyway, they were in the room next to me one morning, and I heard them talking, he was mad at her for some little thing she didnt do right, and she was just apologizing and trying to get him to stop being mad at her.

I don't hate the men in these situations or anything, but it's just screwed up and I don't understand why anyone here sees this as alright I mean, is it like this in other families?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
cosmicillusion Offline
bella.
Not a n00b

Name: bella

Re: Chauvinistic values... - November 28th 2009, 05:36 AM

it is common for families to be like that. its like the husband is the ruler of the household and he is so used to the wife doing everything for him that once she messes up they go ballistic.

Thereís a fire inside of you
That canít help but shine through.

Closed Thread