TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Megan

Sister movng back in... - January 8th 2010, 11:19 PM

Okay, so my sister's lives at my uncles right now, because a few years ago my parents were divorcing, she didn't want to move to my aunt's house(cuz she lived too far) so she stayed with my dad, until he started charging rent(she was like a jr in highschool and couldn't afford the prices he charged her). So, my uncle who lives closer offered for her to move in.

So, now she feels like my uncle doesn't wanting her living there anymore, so she wants to move back in. I know I should feel all supportive, but I can't, because we have to share a room, and we both have a LOT of clothes and crap! Plus, I know she'll use my stuff but I won't be allowed to use hers. And she doesn't come home til like 3 am (she's a bartender and going to online college), but I wake up at 6, so she'll wake me up, and I'll wake her up! And she's really mean when you wake her up in the middle of the night. But, I'm mostly concerned about the fact I won't have any privacy, plus me and my friend won't be able to hang in my room all the time.

Like, I know these are really stupid selfish problems, and I'm really mad at myself for not being proud of my sister for swallowing her pride and moving back in! Is it wrong I'm not proud of her?!

(#2 (permalink)) Old
yourockmysocks Offline
hmm...
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Available on request

Re: Sister movng back in... - January 9th 2010, 01:11 AM

I've had this problem far too often (sharing a room/ different sleeping habits etc.) Can you two try establishing boundaries? Like dividing the room or closet in half. As for the waking up part, unless you are both light sleepers, it shouldn't be much of a problem. You will probably adjust to the noise she makes getting ready for bed and eventually be able to sleep through it. If it becomes a problem you can always discreetly place a pair of earplugs on her pillow. She sounds pretty responsible and mature so work out any issues before they happen. Make up a deal, like you will get rid of some of your clothes if she will stop using your stuff.

These are not stupid or selfish problems. Adjusting to sharing your space is really difficult! You have grown accustomed to an environment without your sister and a change in environment will upset anyone.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Megan

Re: Sister movng back in... - January 9th 2010, 04:02 AM

Our rooms way toooo small to set up boundries really, and we're both really light sleepers, but thanks!... Plus, we're sisters, we love eachoter, we'll get used to it!

Closed Thread